From:
Michelle Gayle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 10 Nov 2005 16:11:42 -0500
It’s “E” Week in Tigerland  EFCDAB

11.14.05
* Continue to work on your Science Fair Project
* BETA Club Canned Food Drive continues (This activity ends on November 18,
2005)! We need your support!
* BSOC v Cobb  5:30 PM at Messer Park

11.15.05 PROGRESS ALERTS GO HOME TODAY
* GBB  v Fairview Middle 6:00 PM in the Tiger’s Den
* WebGrade Update

11.16.05
* BSOC v Belle Vue Middle  7:00 PM at Messer Park

11.17.05
* BSOC v Ft. Braden Middle  5:30 PM at Ft. Braden
* GBB v Swift Creek  6:00 PM at SCMS

11.19.05
* Mini-Mu Alpha Theta Competition at Chiles High
Gooooooooooo Tiger Team!

Tigers Salute Our Veterans

Each November 11th our country comes together to remember our veterans who
have served and sacrificed in the name of freedom. These men and women in
uniform selflessly stood in harm’s way as the guardians of our most
fundamental freedoms—life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.  With
approximately 71,000 veterans in North Florida alone, Veterans Day gives us
the opportunity to express our collective gratitude and appreciation for
their noble service to our country. The Griffin Middle School Tigers thank
our veterans for their service and sacrifice!

Parents,Emphasize the Importance of Reading

*Reduce TV viewing time and video game playing time in order to increase
reading time.
* Read aloud to your children. Reading with expression shows a child that
you love books and that you enjoy reading, too.
* Read and discuss newspaper articles with your child.
* Readers are Leaders at GMS!

Important Parent Reminders
Please review bus rules and expectations with your child. We are receiving
a large number of bus referrals about our students’ misbehavior and this
has to stop! Please work with us to ensure that our students are
transported safely by following bus rules and  expectations each day.

Please review and sign your child’s Agenda Book each evening!

Our Spelling Bee will take place on Thursday, November 17, 2005
at 2:50 PM.  Good luck to all classroom winners!

6th grade classes go to the Challenger Center next week!

Message From the Principal, Mrs. Gayle

This has been a busy week in Tigerland! Our students continue to work on
Science Fair Projects in preparation for our best Science Fair ever! Our
Science Teachers are dedicated to teaching the science standards and using
science activities to bolster critical thinking and higher order thinking.
Hats off to Dr. Dickel, Ms. Hines, Ms. Smith, Mrs. Thompson, Ms. Hobbs, and
Mrs. Yontz – our talented and dedicated Science Department members.
As a middle school, we strive to incorporate so many skills and activities
into our student’s lives that will serve to make them a well rounded
person. To this end, we are encouraging our students to contribute to our
Annual Canned Food Drive. Contributions made to this campaign will be
delivered to needy families within our community. Please encourage your
child to contribute to this campaign. As always, thanks for your continued
support of our school! Have a positive week!

Please support our PTO Booster Drive. Our 2005 Drive ends on Thursday,
November 14, 2005!

Want a place in the GMS 2006 Calendar? See your Homeroom Teacher before
November 18, 2005 to purchase your special day in our calendar for the low
price of $1.00.

November 23rd, 24th and 25th – No School – Thanksgiving Holidays!