FTBRADEN-PARENTS Archives

Fort Braden Parents

FTBRADEN-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
Brenda Fraser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Fort Braden Parents <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Oct 2007 14:46:23 -0400
Monday, 10/29
Middle School Report Cards go home
Brain Bowl meeting @ 2:30 p.m. in the media center

Tuesday, 10/30
Girls Basketball vs Griffin, 6:00 pm @ Ft. Braden

Wednesday, 10/31
Elementary Report Cards go home
Happy Halloween!

Upcoming School Events:
11/2     1st Grade Field Trip to St. Marks Wildlife Center
11/4     Daylight Savings Time Ends, ("Fall Back" - move clocks back one hour)
11/5     Girls Basketball vs Nims, 6:00 pm @ Nims
11/5     Boys Soccer vs Griffin, 6:00 pm at Ft. Braden Park
11/6 – 11/14 Book Fair
11/7     Girls Basketball vs Belle Vue, 6:00 pm @ Belle Vue
11/8     Boys Soccer vs Raa, 6:00 pm at Ft. Braden Park
11/12   Veterans Day Holiday (Schools closed/students out)
11/14   Health Screenings
11/14   Girls Basketball vs Deerlake, 6:00 pm @ Deerlake
11/14   Boys Soccer vs Deerlake, 7:00 pm at Messer Park
11/15   SAC Meeting @ 5:30 p.m. in the Green Room
11/15   PTO Meeting @ 6:30 p.m. in the Green Room
11/15   Boys Soccer vs cobb, 7:00 pm at Messer Park
11/16   Kindergarten Field Trip to the Jr. Museum, 9:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
11/19   Girls Basketball vs Cobb, 6:00 pm @ Ft. Braden
11/20   Middle School Progress Reports go home
11/21   Thanksgiving Holidays (Students & Teachers Out)
11/22 – 11/23   Thanksgiving Holidays (Districtwide, Schools closed/students out)
11/27   Girls Basketball vs Raa, 6:00 pm @ Ft. Braden
11/28   Elementary Progress Reports go home
11/28   Boys Soccer vs Belle Vue, 5:30 pm at Messer Park
11/29   Boys Soccer vs Nims, 6:00 pm at Ft. Braden Park

Our “Box Tops for Education” collection has begun!  Parents, grandparents, friends and neighbors
please save your “Box Tops” found on hundreds of great products from Pillsbury, Cheerios,
Kleenex, Ziploc, Betty Crocker, Hefty, Huggies, etc. and send them to our school.  Don’t throw that
little corner of the package away - each Box top is worth 10 cents! Sign up and find even more
ways to earn cash for our school plus get valuable coupons at:
<https://www.boxtops4education.com/Registration/RegisterUser.aspx?SchoolId=67932>

The FSU Lady Seminole Basketball Team is again challenging our Ft. Braden students to read 10 or
more books from now until February 14th. Any student who meets the 10 book challenge will
receive 2 FREE tickets to the FSU Lady Seminole Basketball game against Miami on February 28th
at 7 p.m. Any student who goes above the 10 book challenge and reads 20 or more books is
eligible to be chosen as a “ball and bench kid” for the game and will be honored on the court. So
open those books and get busy reading!  FSU will also be giving away free “Crocs” to the first
1,000 fans at the FSU Lady Seminole Basketball game against the Miami.

2007-2008 Parent Guide:
Please use the following link on your school’s homepage for our 2007-2008 Parent Guide:
http://www.leon.k12.fl.us/newLCShomeFiles/documents/parent_guide2007_2008.pdf

Nutrition Tips
Calorie Conscious: Did you know that an entire small cantaloupe has about the same number of
calories as a small (1oz) bag of potato chips?
Adapted from “Smartmouth”, Center for Science in the Public Interest’s website. www.cspinet.org

Physical Activity Tips
Don't sweat it.
If you're pressed for time, divide your activity into small sessions. Take a 10-minute walk at
lunch, another one after dinner; and don’t forget your abdominal work during commercials.

Please do not reply to this message. Please address any questions to your child’s teacher. Teacher
email addresses are available on our web site: <http://www.ftbraden.leon.k12.fl.us/staff.html>

The Ft. Braden activity calendar is available on our website at:
<http://www.ftbraden.leon.k12.fl.us/calendar.html>

You may join or leave the listserv or change your email address at:
<http://listserv.leon.k12.fl.us/archives/fbsparents.html>