FTBRADEN-PARENTS Archives

Fort Braden Parents

FTBRADEN-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
Brenda Fraser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 2004 10:50:12 -0500
Monday, 1/3
Teacher Planning/Inservice Day (Students Out)
No Media at Night

Tuesday, 1/4
Students return
Boys Basketball tryouts

Wednesday, 1/5
FCA mtg., 2:45-4:15 pm in room 133
Boys Basketball tryouts

Thursday, 1/6
Media Center open from 5 - 8 pm
Boys Basketball tryouts
Families Building Better Readers (DOE parent workshop), 6:00pm @ Hartsfield Elementary School

Upcoming Events:
1/10    SGA meeting in room 709 @ 2:30 pm
1/10    Media Center open from 5 - 8 pm
1/11    Jr. Beta meeting in room 201
1/12    FCA mtg., 2:45-4:15 pm in room 133
1/12    Report Cards Go Home
1/13    District-wide Spelling Bee
1/13    Media Center open from 5 - 8 pm
1/17    Martin Luther King Holiday - schools closed
1/17    No Media at Night
1/19    FCA mtg., 2:45-4:15 pm in room 133
1/20    Boys Basketball vs Raa, 6:30 pm @ Raa
1/20    Media Center open from 5 - 8 pm
1/22    4-H Tropicana Public Speaking County Contest for 4th-6th grade at Swift   Creek Middle
School

As the holiday season nears, we want to continue the exciting progress our students are making in
reading. The "Just Read, Families! for the Holidays" website, http://www.justreadfamilies.org,
offers parents and students great selections that are fun for the holidays.
Happy Holidays!
John Winn, Commissioner of Education

Governor Bush has announced the annual Black History Month Essay Contest, honoring the role
African American educators play in our students' lives. You may view the Flyer providing the
details of this contest at: http://info.fldoe.org/dscgi/ds.py/Get/File-2677/Black_History.pdf. This
is a tremendous opportunity to honor African American educators and challenge the writing ability
of our students.
John Winn, Commissioner of Education

We hope all of our Ft. Braden family has a safe and happy holiday season!  See you next year!

Please forward this on to other Ft. Braden parents who might be interested in joining our listserv.
You may join or leave the listserv at: <http://listserv.leon.k12.fl.us/archives/fbsparents.html>