FTBRADEN-PARENTS Archives

Fort Braden Parents

FTBRADEN-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
Brenda Fraser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 18 Oct 2005 14:46:06 -0400
Wednesday, 10/19
Elementary Student Government Meeting, 7:40 am in room 711
Fellowship of Christian Athletes Meeting @ 2:45 pm in room 133B
Girls Volleyball 1st Round Games, 6:00 pm @ TBA

Thursday, 10/20
Media Center open from 5 - 8 pm

Upcoming Events
10/24  Media Center open from 5 - 8 pm
10/26  Report Cards go home
10/26  Fellowship of Christian Athletes Meeting @ 2:45 pm in room 133B
10/27  School Advisory Council Meeting @ 5:30 pm
10/30  Daylight Savings Time Ends, ("Fall Back" - move clocks back one hour)
11/1   Soccer vs Swift Creek, 5:30 pm @ Ft. Braden Park
11/2   Elementary Student Government Meeting, 7:40 am in room 711
11/2   Cheerleading Clinic, 6:00 - 9:00 pm @ Swift Creek
11/2   Fellowship of Christian Athletes Meeting @ 2:45 pm in room 133B
11/3   Soccer vs Belle Vue, 7:00 pm @ Messer Park
11/4   Middle School Gold Card trip to Skate Inn West, cost - $4.00
11/7   Media Center open from 5 - 8 pm
11/7   Soccer vs Nims, 5:30 pm @ Ft. Braden Park
11/7   Girls Basketball vs Raa, 6:00 pm @ Ft. Braden
11/9   Fellowship of Christian Athletes Meeting @ 2:45 pm in room 133B
11/10  Media Center open from 5 - 8 pm
11/10  Soccer vs Fairview, 5:30 pm @ Messer Park
11/11  Veterans Day Holiday (Schools closed/students out)

Don't forget, our media center will be open most Monday and Thursday nights from 5-8pm. On
Thursday nights, Mrs. Young will be available from 6:00 - 8:00 to assist anyone who needs some
homework help. We welcome all our students and their families to come read a book, do research,
take an Accelerated Reader test, work on a school project, get some homework help or use a
computer.  A responsible adult MUST accompany all students.

There is a Homework/Activity center for middle school students, from 2:45 to 4:30, every Monday
and Wednesday. Students can come, do homework, have a tutor, learn chess, etc. They may ride
the activity bus home.  Mondays are with Mrs. Rentz and Wednesdays are with Coach Hendrieth
and Mrs. Rajotte.

Nutrition Tip of the Week
Drink plenty of water. Sprinkle in lemon or limejuice to provide a new twist.

Physical Activity of the Week
There are 1440 minutes in every day... Schedule 30 of them for physical activity.   You can
exercise while watching TV: lift weights or walk in place

The Ft. Braden activity calendar is available on our website at:
<http://www.ftbraden.leon.k12.fl.us/calendar.html>

Please forward this on to other Ft. Braden parents who might be interested in joining our listserv.
You may join or leave the listserv at: <http://listserv.leon.k12.fl.us/archives/fbsparents.html>