FTBRADEN-PARENTS Archives

Fort Braden Parents

FTBRADEN-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
Brenda Fraser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 1 Aug 2005 18:13:06 -0400
Things You Need to Know for the 2005-2006 School Year
(Suitable for putting on the refrigerator for a while!)

School Times
* 8:10 a.m. - 2:35 p.m.
* Tardy bell rings at 8:15 a.m.
* Supervision begins before school at 7:45 a.m. and supervision ends after
 school at 2:50 p.m.
* After-school program starts at 2:35 p.m. Call Mrs. Welsh regarding
       after-school care at Fort Braden (488-9374).

School Breakfast and Lunch Changes
* All students should complete a lunch form regardless of need.
* A hot breakfast will be served in the cafeteria beginning at 7:45 a.m.
* School lunch prices are:
 Elementary students   $1.50
 Middle School students   $1.75
 Reduced lunch                  $.40
 Adult lunches    $2.50
 Breakfast  (full price)         $.75
 Breakfast (Reduced)          $.30

Immunizations
Pre-K and kindergarteners must have completed their hepatitis B Series shots prior to being
enrolled.
Seventh (7th) graders need to have completed at least one of the three required hepatitis B series
in order to enroll.

Orientation
All students  -- Friday, August 12, 2005 from 1:30 until 3:00 p.m.
Kindergarten Parents - Thursday, August 11, 2005 at 6:00 p.m.
This is a general meeting, parents will find out what is expected of their child and what to expect
in Kindergarten.  Students will find out whose class they are assigned on Friday during Regular
Orientation.

Dress Code
 When buying school clothes for your child, please remember our dress code. Shorts and
skirts must be an acceptable length (no short- shorts), pants worn at the waist, shirts and tops
must cover all under garments and skin, tank tops must cover the shoulders if you plan to wear
them without a shirt.  No blankets or pajamas, no apparel that contains a message that is
obscene, racist or promotes illegal activities (drugs, alcohol, tobacco products).

First Week
During the first week of school, you can expect to receive the following forms:
Free/reduced lunch form, clinic card and registration form (make sure that we have correct phone
numbers and emergency contacts), insurance forms (Healthy Kids), and Activity permission forms
for field trips and athletics.  Please return all forms ASAP!

PTO & SAC
Everyone is invited to attend our School Advisory meeting at 5:30 p.m. and our Parent-Teacher
Organization meeting at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, August 25, 2005.