FTBRADEN-PARENTS Archives

Fort Braden Parents

FTBRADEN-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
Brenda Fraser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Fort Braden Parents <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Oct 2007 13:52:53 -0400
Tuesday, 10/9
Football, Fairview vs. Belle Vue, 5:30 PM @ Cox Stadium

Wednesday, 10/10
Girls Volleyball 1st Round Games, 6:00 PM @ TBA

Thursday, 10/11
PTO Meeting @ 6:00 p.m. in the Green Room

Upcoming School Events:
10/15 – 10/19  National School Lunch Week
10/15   Girls Volleyball Championship, 7:30 PM @ Chiles High
10/16   Football, Nims vs. Belle Vue, 5:30 PM @ Cox Stadium
10/18   End of First Nine Weeks
10/19   District/Statewide Inservice Day (Students out)
10/19   Annual Fall Carnival, 5:00 – 9:00 p.m.
10/20  - 10/28     Red Ribbon Week

  Monday -   “ Slip Away from Doing Drugs Day”- everyone wears slippers

  Tuesday -  “ Our Hats our off to those who DON’T do Drugs day” - everyone wears hats

  Wednesday - “Sock it to Drugs Day”- wear crazy socks

  Thursday - “Life and Drugs Don’t Mix”- wear mix match clothes

  Friday - “Be Drug Free Day”- wear all RED

10/22 – 10/26  National School Bus Safety Week:  “Be Aware - Cross with Care”
10/22   Girls Basketball vs. Fairview, 6:00 PM @ Ft. Braden
10/24   Football, Division Championships @ Cox Stadium 7:30 p.m., admission - $3
10/25   5th Grade Field Trip to the Challenger Learning Center
10/25   Girls Basketball vs. Swift Creek, 6:00 PM @ Swift Creek
10/29   Middle School Report Cards go home
10/30   Girls Basketball vs Griffin, 6:00 pm @ Ft. Braden
10/31   Elementary Report Cards go home
10/31   Happy Halloween

The FSU Lady Seminole Basketball Team is again challenging our Ft. Braden students to read 10 or
more books from now until February 14th. Any student who meets the 10 book challenge will
receive 2 FREE tickets to the FSU Lady Seminole Basketball game against Miami on February 28th
at 7 p.m. Any student who goes above the 10 book challenge and reads 20 or more books is
eligible to be chosen as a “ball and bench kid” for the game and will be honored on the court. So
open those books and get busy reading!  FSU will also be giving away free “Crocs” to the first
1,000 fans at the FSU Lady Seminole Basketball game against the Miami.

Nutrition Tips
5 a day! Eating a serving of fruit with lunch can help you reach the goal of five servings of fruits
and vegetables a day. Try a fresh apple, peach, plum or your favorite fruit cup for lunch or an
after-school snack today!

Physical Activity Tips
Walking Pounds Away:
If you walk 5 hours more a week at a moderate speed and make no other changes, you should
lose a half pound a week, and get healthier to boot. Add 5 minutes to your regular workout each
week for a month, and you will burn more calories easily.

The Ft. Braden activity calendar is available on our website at:
<http://www.ftbraden.leon.k12.fl.us/calendar.html>

Please do not reply to this message. Please address any questions to your child’s teacher. Teacher
email addresses are available on our web site: <http://www.ftbraden.leon.k12.fl.us/staff.html>

You may join or leave the listserv or change your email address at:
<http://listserv.leon.k12.fl.us/archives/fbsparents.html>