FTBRADEN-PARENTS Archives

Fort Braden Parents

FTBRADEN-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
Brenda Fraser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2007 11:55:16 -0500
Monday, 3/12
Fast Pitch Softball vs Cobb, 6:00 pm @ Ft. Braden Park
Media Center open from 5 - 8 pm

Wednesday, 3/14
Elementary Student Government Meeting, 7:40 am in room 120
Fast Pitch Softball vs Raa, 6:00 pm @ Ft. Braden Park

Thursday, 3/15
2nd Grade Field Trip to Scientific Circus @ Ruby Diamond Auditorium
End of Third Nine Weeks
No Media at Night

Friday, 3/16
Teacher Planning/Inservice Day (Students Out)

Upcoming School Events:
3/19 - 3/23   Spring Break (Students & Teachers Out)
3/26   Media Center open from 5 - 8 pm
3/26   Fast Pitch Softball vs Nims, 6:00 pm @ Messer Park
3/27   Beta Club meeting in guidance, 7:40 - 8:10 a.m.
3/28   FCA Meeting @ 2:45 p.m. in room 131
3/28   Fast Pitch Softball vs Swift Creek, 6:00 pm @ Lincoln High
3/29   Media Center open from 5 - 8 pm
3/29   SAC Meeting @ 5:30 pm
3/29   PTO Meeting @ 6:30 pm
3/28 - 3/30   SAT/10 Testing for Grades K - 2
4/2    Media Center open from 5 - 8 pm
4/2    Fast Pitch Softball vs Griffin, 6:00 pm @ Ft. Braden Park
4/2    Middle School Report Cards go home
4/4    Elementary Report Cards go home
4/4    Elementary Student Government Meeting, 7:40 am in room 120
4/4    Boys & Girls Track, Pre-Season Relay Meet, 5:30 pm @ Chiles High
4/4    Fast Pitch Softball vs Fairview, 6:00 pm @ Ft. Braden Park
4/5    Media Center open from 5 - 8 pm
4/9    Media Center open from 5 - 8 pm
4/10   Beta Club meeting in guidance, 7:40 - 8:10 a.m.
4/11   FCA Meeting @ 2:45 p.m. in room 131
4/11   Boys & Girls Track, First Meet, 5:30 pm @ Godby High
4/11   Fast Pitch Softball vs Deerlake, 6:00 pm @ Chiles High School
4/12   Media Center open from 5 - 8 pm

Thursday, April 26th is the designated date for "Take Our Sons & Daughters to Work".  The
guidelines used by Leon County Schools are consistent with Ms. Foundation's recommended age
group, which allows the participation of boys and girls in grades 3 through 8.  Schools must
receive a pre-approved letter from the parent and/or guardian indicating the student's
participation.  The parent/guardian must also provide the school with a written statement on
company letterhead verifying the student's attendance at the worksite.

Middle School SGA is collecting box tops again this year.  Please bring them
into your teacher and the SGA members will come pick them up!

Once again, the Junior Beta Club will be sponsoring a drive collecting pop tops for the Ronald
McDonald House.  This is an easy way to raise money for the people in our community needing
support! At the end of the year, prizes will be awarded for middle school and elementary classes
that collect the most tops!
If you have any questions please see Mrs. Steverson in guidance.

Middle School Tutoring
Tutoring is offered every Tuesday and Thursday, from 2:45-4:30 pm, for all middle school
students...after school transportation is provided.

Nutrition Tip of the Week
Ways to eat less fat:
Skim milk, non-fat or low-fat yogurt and cheeses are a great way to cut the fat and eat healthy
foods. Avoid whole milk, all natural cheeses and cream cheese.

Physical Activity of the Week
Join in physical activities at school.
Whether you take a physical education class or do other physical activities at school, such as
intramural sports, structured activities are a sure way to feel good, look good and stay physically
fit.

The Ft. Braden activity calendar is available on our website at:
<http://www.ftbraden.leon.k12.fl.us/calendar.html>

Please forward this on to other Ft. Braden parents who might be interested in joining our listserv.

You may join or leave the listserv or change your email address at:
<http://listserv.leon.k12.fl.us/archives/fbsparents.html>