FTBRADEN-PARENTS Archives

Fort Braden Parents

FTBRADEN-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
Brenda Fraser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 16 Sep 2005 15:37:00 -0400
Monday, 9/19
Girls Volleyball vs Griffin, 6:00 PM @ Ft. Braden

Tuesday, 9/20
Writes Upon Request testing

Wednesday, 9/21
Girls Volleyball vs Raa, 6:00 PM @ Ft. Braden

Upcoming Events

9/26   Girls Volleyball vs Fairview, 6:00 PM @ Ft. Braden
9/28   Girls Volleyball vs Swift Creek, 6:00 PM @ Swift Creek
9/29   Boys & Girls Cross Country, Girls - 10:45 am, Boys - 11:155 am @ Gretchen Everhart
10/3   Girls Volleyball vs Cobb, 6:00 pm @ Ft. Braden
10/5   Girls Volleyball vs Nims, 6:00 pm @ Nims
10/6   Boys & Girls Cross Country Championship, Girls - 10:30 am, Boys - 11:00 am @
Miccosukee Greenways
10/10  Girls Volleyball vs Belle Vue, 6:00 pm @ Belle Vue
10/12  Girls Volleyball 1st Round Games, 6:00 pm @ TBA
10/13  End of First Nine Weeks
10/14  District/Statewide Inservice Day (Students out)
10/17  Girls Volleyball Championship, 5:30 pm @ Chiles High
10/26  Report Cards go home

Beginning Monday, September 19th, our media center will be open most Monday
and Thursday nights from 5-8pm. During the first semester, we will be open
on September 19, 22, 26, 29, October 3, 6, 10, 13, 17, 20, 24, 27 November
7, 10, 14, 17, 28 December 1, 5 & 8.  On Thursday nights, Mrs. Young will be
available from 6:00 - 8:00 to assist anyone who needs some homework help. We
welcome all our students and their families to come read a book, do
research, take an Accelerated Reader test, work on a school project, get
some homework help or use a computer.  A responsible adult MUST accompany
all students.  Hope to see you soon!

Each Wednesday, Coach Hendrieth and Mrs. Rajotte are offering a Homework/Activity center for
middle school students, from 2:45 to 4:30 pm. Students can come do homework, have a tutor,
learn chess, etc. They can ride the activity bus home.

Nutrition Tip of the Week
Professional Performance: Did you watch the Olympics?  You may not be a professional athlete
(yet), but you can eat like an "all star."  Athletes know that they need to make eating choices that
help them perform at their best.  To help you get the most out of your body, eat a wide variety of
foods including lean meats and low-fat dairy products and exercise every day.

Physical Activity of the Week
Strength Training:
Unlike aerobic exercise that burns calories primarily during the exercise session itself, strength
training boosts your metabolism throughout the entire day and night. Muscle tissue actively burns
calories. The greater your muscle mass, the more calories you burn.

The Ft. Braden activity calendar is available on our website at:
<http://www.ftbraden.leon.k12.fl.us/calendar.html>

Please forward this on to other Ft. Braden parents who might be interested in joining our listserv.
You may join or leave the listserv at: <http://listserv.leon.k12.fl.us/archives/fbsparents.html>