FAIRVIEW-MAGNET Archives

Fairview-Magnet

FAIRVIEW-MAGNET@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
Mark Weismantel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 15 Jul 2019 09:29:20 -0400
Hello Falcon Nation!

I am incredibly excited to introduce myself to this wonderful and respected community as the new Principal of Fairview Middle School. I am truly blessed to have been given the opportunity to serve the students of this institution of excellence, and to continue to serve a community that I love.

For a little background, I began my teaching career at Florida State University School, teaching middle school science. I was graced with an opportunity to join Leon County Schools where I taught English at Lincoln High School. For the past 11 years, I humbly served this strong community as an Assistant Principal at James S. Rickards High School. Throughout those three posts, I have been able to serve in many capacities both in the classroom and outside of the classroom. Within those same three schools, I have solidified through practice my educational philosophy. I believe that the two most important ingredients for any educational success are as follows:

1. Relationships - Building strong relationships is not an option, but is a must.
2. Consistency - Holding firm and fast to set expectations keeps all playing fields fair. We must remain consistent from individual to individual, as well as from day to day.

Now, I am blessed to be given the opportunity to lead through service the mighty Fairview Middle School. I am elated with the "B" that Scott Hansen and last year's faculty/staff were able to guide the school to achieve. The students earned this accomplishment through their hard work and dedication. As we celebrate last year's accomplishments, we also know where the bar has been set, and where the expectations now lie. There is much work to be done, and from my interactions with the faculty and staff so far at FMS, we are all chomping at the bit to meet this challenge with vigor. We eagerly await seeing all of our Falcons starting August 12th!

Sincerely,

Rusty Edwards
Principal
Fairview Middle School