COES-PARENTS Archives

Canopy Oaks Parents

COES-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
Brenda Fraser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2007 13:35:03 -0500
Wednesday, 2/14
Valentine's Day

Friday, 2/16
Hat Day sponsored by SGA
Kindergarten Field Trip to The Challenger Learning Center

Upcoming School Events:
2/19   Presidents' Day (Student's and Teachers Out)
2/26 - 3/9   FCAT Testing, grades 3 - 5
3/1   Parent meeting on SAT/10 and SESAT testing, 6:30 pm
3/1   Deadline to turn in reassignment requests for school choice
3/5   SAC meeting will be held at 5:30 p.m. in the media center
3/5   PTO meeting will be held at 7:00 p.m. in the media center
3/11  Daylight Savings Time Begins ("Spring forward" - move clocks ahead one hour)
3/15  End of Third Nine Weeks
3/16  Teacher Planning/Inservice Day (Students Out)
3/19-3/23   Spring Break (Students/Teachers Out)
3/28 - 3/30   SAT/10, SESAT Testing for Grades K - 2
3/30  Hat Day sponsored by SGA

SAT 10 and SESAT meetings will be held on Thursday, March 1, 2007 for parents of students in
grades K-2. The meeting will begin at 6:30 P.M. and last about 45 minutes. Please join us.

Parents don't forget that March 1st is the deadline for applying to LCS' School Choice program.

Past FCAT tests have been released by the Florida Dept. of Education to help parents and students
better understand the types of questions asked on the tests. These tests may be downloaded at:
<http://www.firn.edu/doe/sas/fcatrelease.html>

Volunteer Appreciation Week
February is Volunteer Appreciation Month!  And we want to let all our volunteers know that
Canopy Oaks would not be an "A School" without you!  You might wonder - "Who is considered a
volunteer?"  Volunteers are anyone who volunteers their time to help the school in any way.  If you
take papers home to grade, bake cookies for the class, come in to help in the classroom,
participate with the carnival, chaperone field trips, serve on the SAC committee, participate in PTO
activities, etc. - you are considered a volunteer. Volunteering has a wide variety of "jobs" that it
covers.  We appreciate all that you do, not only in the month of February, but all year long.

Please join us as we celebrate our school volunteers!  Canopy Oaks will be celebrating all of our
wonderful volunteers, which includes our business partners, the week of Feb. 12th with the
following special days:
Monday 2/12 Breakfast (7:30-10:00)
Wednesday 2/14 Sweet Treats (all day)
Friday 2/16 Lunch (11:00 - 1:00)

Nutrition Tip of the Week
Garlic: bad breath, good health:
Lowers cholesterol levels, cleans the blood, prevents clots, boosts the immune system and
protects against heart disease.
Sweeten the garlic breath by chewing fresh mint, parsley or citrus peel.

Physical Activity of the Week
Beating Fatigue:
Physical fatigue comes from working your body to capacity.  It has a satisfying feeling leaving you
mentally uplifted.  It can decrease mental or psychological fatigue.  Exercising just twenty minutes
a day is good for lifting your spirit.

Canopy Oaks activity calendar is available on our website at:
<http://www.canopyoaks.leon.k12.fl.us/calendar.html>

Please forward this on to other Canopy Oaks parents who might be interested in joining our
listserv.

You may join or leave the listserv or change your email address at:
<http://listserv.leon.k12.fl.us/archives/coesparents.html>