COES-PARENTS Archives

Canopy Oaks Parents

COES-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Fraser, Brenda" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 10:23:29 -0500
Saturday, 2/1
Education Expo @ Civic Center, 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.

Monday, 2/3
SAC mtg @ 5:30 p.m.
PTO mtg @ 7 p.m.

Tuesday 2/4
Papa John's Pizza Night

Wednesday, 2/5
Progress Reports sent home

Thursday 2/6
SITE mtg @ 2:30 p.m.

Friday, 2/7
School Spirit Day - Wear your school colors

Upcoming events:
2/11
FCAT Writing for all 4th grade students
Writes Upon Request for all other grades

The LCS Board approved school calendar for 2003/2004 is posted on
our web site at: http://www.canopyoaks.leon.k12.fl.us/calendar.html

The Leon County School District is again participating in the Second
Annual Education Expo, Saturday, February 1, 2003, at the Leon
County Civic Center from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.  Our school will
showcase the many educational resources available here at Canopy
Oaks. Admission and parking are free!  Please make plans to attend

School Related Employee of the Year
Congratulations to Ruby Strange, our head custodian at COE! Mrs.
Ruby is in her fifth year at COE.  You can see Mrs. Ruby with her bright
smile all around campus, keeping our school safe and up to par in the
maintenance department.  We are delighted to have Mrs. Ruby
represent COE at the district level.

Traffic Notes
Leon County Sheriff's Department (LCSD)
Please remember that Point View Drive has a double yellow line.  It is
illegal to pass into the left lane when there is a double yellow line.
Several tickets have been written for this traffic violation.  Also, please
do not stop in the crosswalk on Point View and Old Bainbridge.  The
LCSD will begin writing tickets for this violation next week.
The speed limit is 5 MPH once you arrive on school property.  Please
continue to help us provide a safe environment for all students, staff
and parents.

Reassignment
In Leon County every effort is being made to offer students the
opportunity to attend a school of choice that meets their specific
needs.  The choices for these students are better than ever.

If you answer "yes" to any of the questions listed below, you may
qualify for the School Choice Program.

Is there a special program or another school that meets your child's
interests or needs?
Would you like to move from an over capacity school to an under
capacity one?
Is there more convenient after-school childcare available in another
school zone?
Does a parent/guardian of the student or the student work in a
different school zone?

If you are interested in knowing more about the Leon County School
Choice Program, call the Leon County Schools Reassignment Office
at 487-7546 or 414-5160.  You may also visit us on the web at:
http://www.leon.k12.fl.us/

The deadline to apply for changing schools is March 1, 2003!