COES-PARENTS Archives

Canopy Oaks Parents

COES-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
Brenda Fraser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 2004 13:52:40 -0500
Monday, 11/22
No Media At Night
"Escape School" Program for parents and children, 6:30 pm @ Leon High School

Tuesday, 11/23
Fifth Grade field trip to the Challenger Learning Center

Wednesday, 11/24
Thanksgiving Holiday (no school for students and teachers)

Thursday - Friday, 11/25 - 11/26
Thanksgiving Holidays - schools closed

Upcoming Events:
11/29    Media At Night - Media Center open from 5:30 - 7:30 pm
12/2     Writes Upon Request Testing
12/2     Media At Night - Media Center open from 5:30 - 7:30 pm
12/6     Media At Night - Media Center open from 5:30 - 7:30 pm - Book Fair
12/6     SAC Meeting @ 5:30 pm
12/6     PTO Meeting @ 7:00 pm
12/ 7    School Tropicana Speech contest for 5th graders @ 8:30 A.M. in the cafeteria
12/7     Music Performance by 4th & 5th grades @ 7:00 pm in the cafeteria
12/9     Media At Night - Media Center open from 5:30 - 7:30 pm - Book Fair
12/13    No Media At Night
12/16    No Media At Night
12/16    Food Drive ends
12/17    Early Release Day, dismissal @ 11:40 am
12/17    D.A.R.E. Graduation @ 8:30 am
12/17    End of 2nd Nine weeks
12/20-12/31    Winter Holidays

Principal's Message
It was so good to see so many parents on Thursday at the Thanksgiving lunch.  We have wonderful
parents at COE!

We hope all of our Canopy Oaks' families have a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving.  We are grateful
for our children, parents, staff and community.  We appreciate all that you do for Canopy Oaks.

Remember, Wednesday, 12/15 and Thursday, 12/16 are full school days. Only Friday, 12/17 is an
early release day.

Food Drive
The Student Government and the Guidance department are sponsoring a food drive for Second
Harvest Food Bank.  We will accept non-perishable food items from November 17 - December 16.
Please help us help the less fortunate families in our community.

Yearbook Info
You still have time to order a yearbook! The cost of the yearbook is $15.00 as of November 19.
We are still accepting lovelines ($2) and buddy pictures ($4).  We are also accepting any pictures
from school events that took place at the end of the last school year and classroom pictures from
this school year.  5th Graders - Don't forget to turn in your baby picture!!

Nutrition Tip of the Week
Thanksgiving can be healthy: Did you know that turkey is one of the most nutritious meats you
can eat?  It has more protein and calcium, and less fat, calories, and sodium than other meats.
The white meat (without the skin) is the healthiest way to enjoy turkey.  If you like the other parts,
just be sure to be careful how much you have.

Physical Activity of the Week
Find a convenient time and place to do activities.
Try to make it a habit, but be flexible. If you miss an exercise opportunity, work activity into your
day another way.

Please forward this on to other Canopy Oaks parents who might be interested in joining our
listserv.  You may join or leave the listserv at: <http://listserv.leon.k12.fl.us/archives/
coesparents.html>