COES-PARENTS Archives

Canopy Oaks Parents

COES-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
Brenda Fraser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 3 Oct 2003 13:17:03 -0400
Friday, 10/10
Spirit Day -  Wear school colors & show your school pride!

Upcoming Events:
10/16     End of First Nine Weeks
10/17     District/Statewide Inservice Day (Students out)

Sign In:  Each time you volunteer at the school, please sign in at the front office.  Make sure
to complete a Leon School Volunteer Application, located in the volunteer book.  We need a
new application for each school year.  We also ask that during the school year, you keep a
track of hours worked using the time sheets located in the Volunteer Notebook on the
counter in the front office.  Documented volunteer hours assist the school in obtaining
Department of Education Awards

Nametags: When you sign in at the front office please pick up your nametag and wear it while
your volunteering.  Be sure to record your volunteer hours and try to keep them up to date.
We will be totaling your hours around the 18th of each month.  Every 25 hours earns you a
cardinal to put on your nametag.  As you sign out please leave your nametag in the front
office.

Family Fun Day
Come celebrate Innovation Park’s 25th Anniversary! Saturday, October 18th from 10:00 a.m.
to 2:00 p.m. at Innovation Park on West Paul Dirac Drive, off Capital Circle near the
Tallahassee airport.
Featuring :
* science and technology booths for kids
  (FREE activities & interactive displays from
  Challenger Learning Center, Tallahassee
  Museum of History and Natural Science, Mary
  Brogan Museum, City of Tallahassee Utility
  Department, Florida Geology
  Survey/Environmental Education, FSU
  Geological Society and more!)
* food, fun & entertainment
* Fall 2003 Engineering Challenge
  (co-sponsored by the FAMU/FSU College of
  Engineering)