COES-PARENTS Archives

Canopy Oaks Parents

COES-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
Brenda Fraser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 3 Aug 2005 10:45:35 -0400
Kindergarten
1 Kinder mat (red and blue plastic four paneled mat - which can be found at Wal-Mart) Regular
thickness - not thick
Backpack labeled with name (child should be able to open and close it easily) NO WHEELS
1 set of child's headphones (mini-stereo)
3 boxes of 16 count Crayola crayons
1 box of Crayola Classic Colors washable markers
3 bottles of 4 oz. Elmer's washable glue
1 pair of child's Fiskars scissors (metal round tipped)
1 package of #2 pencils (not Eagle brand)
1 70-page spiral notebook (wide ruled)
2 bottles of antibacterial pump hand soap
1 bottle of antibacterial waterless hand sanitizer
1 box of tissue

First Grade and the 2nd graders who were in a 1/2 combo class the school year before
2 boxes of tissues
2 boxes zip lock freezer bags - quart size
2 boxes zip lock freezer bags - gallon size
1 bottle antibacterial hand pump soap
1 small size school box
2 marble cover composition books with sewn in pages (wide-ruled)
4 sets 3 x 5 index cards
2 boxes 16 count Crayola crayons
2 packages #2 pencils (not Eagle brand) (sharpened if possible)
2 bottles Elmer's glue (4 oz.) (no clog top)
2 packages pencil cap erasers
5 pocket folders with prongs (red, blue, green, yellow, purple)
1 pair child's Fiskars scissors (metal round tipped)
1-package brown paper lunch bags
1 3 ring hardcover binder - 1 inch
No rolling backpacks
1 set of child's headphones

Second Grade
24 #2 pencils (sharpened if possible)
1 box 24 count Crayola crayons
2 70-page spiral notebooks (wide ruled)
2 packages colored pencils
1 pair child's Fiskars scissors (metal round tipped)
1 box of tissue
1 small pencil box
3 glue sticks
3 red ballpoint pens
1 3-ring hard cover binder - 1 inch
1-roll paper towels
2 bottles waterless hand gel
1 set child's headphones
1 ruler (inch/cm)
1 package of wide ruled notebook paper
3 packages of cap on erasers for pencils
No rolling backpacks
***Also, we are asking that each child pay for a second grade dictionary that we will be using here
at school and a year's subscription to Weekly Reader, which will be a part of our science and social
studies curriculum for the year.  The cost for both is $7.00.  The materials have been ordered; we
have received the bill so please have the money to us (either a check made out to Canopy Oaks or
cash) as soon as possible.

Third Grade
1 glue stick or school glue gel
1 bottle antibacterial hand pump soap
1 bottle waterless hand gel
1 box wet/baby wipes
1 box of tissue
1 box of 24 count crayons
1 ruler
1 small size pencil box
1 red ballpoint pen
1 pair of child's Fiskars scissors (metal round tipped)
6 pencil cap erasers
3 70-page spiral notebooks (wide ruled)
12 #2 pencils (sharpened if possible)
1 3-ring 1-inch binder (poly binder with flexible cover)
5 pocket folders with prongs (red, green, orange, teal, purple)
1 highlighter
1 package of notebook paper
***Also, we are asking that each child to purchase a year's subscription to Scholastic News, which
will be a part of our science and social studies curriculum for the year.  The cost is $4.00.  Please
make checks payable to Canopy Oaks.

Fourth Grade
3 folders with prongs and pockets (red, blue, yellow)
12 #2 pencils (sharpened if possible)
2 packages of notebook paper
1 Ballpoint pen - red
2 glue sticks
1 highlighter
1 bottle of antibacterial hand pump soap
1 box 24 count Crayola crayons
1 box of 12 count Crayola colored pencils
1 small pencil box for desk
1 large box of tissue
1 pair of child's scissors
No Trapper Keepers
No rolling backpacks

Fifth Grade
4 spiral notebooks (one each of the following colors: red, green, blue, yellow)
1 highlighter (any color)
1 package of red pens
1 box of fine line markers
1 bottle of anti-bacterial liquid soap
1 package of notebook paper
4 pocket folders with brads (one each of the following colors: red, green, blue, yellow)
1 package of #2 pencils
1 small (1/2 size) spiral notebook (any color - to be used as a planner)
1 box of tissue