COES-PARENTS Archives

Canopy Oaks Parents

COES-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
Brenda Fraser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 2004 10:01:08 -0500
12/5 - 12/11
National Handwashing Awareness Week

Monday, 12/6
Media At Night - Media Center open from 5:30 - 7:30 pm - Book Fair
SAC Meeting @ 5:30 pm
PTO Meeting @ 7:00 pm

Tuesday, 12/ 7
School Tropicana Speech contest for 5th graders @ 8:30 A.M. in the cafeteria
Music Performance "December Nights, December Lights" by the 4th & 5th graders @ 7:00 pm in
the cafeteria

Wednesday, 12/8
4th & 5th grade music performance for COES students
     Pre K, K and 1 at 8:00 am
     1/2, 2 and 3 at 8:45 am

Thursday, 12/9
Media At Night - Media Center open from 5:30 - 7:30 pm - Book Fair

Friday, 12/10
Food drive for Second Harvest Food Bank Ends

Upcoming Events:
12/13    No Media At Night
12/16    No Media At Night
12/16    Food Drive ends
12/17    Early Release Day, dismissal @ 11:40 am
12/17    D.A.R.E. Graduation @ 8:30 am
12/17    End of 2nd Nine weeks
12/20-12/31    Winter Holidays
1/3       Teacher Planning/Inservice Day (Students Out)
1/3       No Media at Night
1/4       Students Return
1/6       Media At Night - Media Center open from 5:30 - 7:30 pm

Remember, Wednesday, 12/15 and Thursday, 12/16 are full school days. Only Friday, 12/17 is an
early release day.

Food Drive
The Student Government and the Guidance department are sponsoring a food drive for Second
Harvest Food Bank.  We will accept non-perishable food items from November 17 - December 16.
Please help us help the less fortunate families in our community.

Nutrition Tip of the Week
Serving savvy:  Do you know what a "serving" is of your favorite food?  Try looking at the nutrition
label on the container and compare how much you usually eat to the serving listed.  You may be
surprised...

Please forward this on to other Canopy Oaks parents who might be interested in joining our
listserv.  You may join or leave the listserv at: <http://listserv.leon.k12.fl.us/archives/
coesparents.html>