COES-PARENTS Archives

Canopy Oaks Parents

COES-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
Brenda Fraser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 12 Dec 2005 08:56:52 -0500
Principal’s Message
Just one more week of school before we are out for the holiday break!  Hasn’t this year gone by so
quickly?  The students are working hard to finish the second semester strong.  I can tell that many
students are working toward honor roll goals.   We have terrific Cardinals at COE!!!

At this time of year, we pause to reflect on the many blessings we enjoy each day.  We are grateful
for such a wonderful group of students who make our jobs a joy.  We are thankful for the faculty
and staff at COE who give more than 100% each day and for parents who are involved in their
child’s education.  Thank you so much!!!

I want to take this time to wish everyone a happy holiday and hope you have the opportunity to
spend quality, relaxing time with family and friends!  We love having your children at Canopy Oaks
and look forward to their return on January 3.

ACCESS Florida on the Web
Leon County Schools has agreed to serve as an access point for applicants and recipients of
ACCESS Florida Services.  For purposes of this agreement ACCESS (Automated Community
Connection to Economic Self-Sufficiency) Florida services are Food Stamps, Temporary Cash
Assistance, Refugee Assistance, and Medicaid programs administered by the Department of
Children and Families.  To get to the ACCESS page, please follow the instructions listed:
• go to the Leon County Schools website (http://www.leon.k12.fl.u/s)
• click on Parent’s Page
• click on Department of Children and Family Services Economic Self-Sufficiency Access
Program
This will bring you to the ACCESS webpage and display options.

Early Release Days
Remember that Wednesday, December 14th, Thursday, December 15th, and Friday, December
16th, are early release days.  Students will get out of school at 11:40 am on these days.  Please
make sure your child is picked up on time if your child goes out front to car pick up.

Raptor Check In/Out System
We now have a new check in/out system called Raptor.  We will be scanning your driver’s license
and making all visitors name badges with their picture.  Once we scan your driver license one
time, we won’t have to scan it again.  This is a safety precaution for our students.  Please make
sure you come by the front office to sign in before going to your destination on campus and come
by to check out before you leave.

Yearbooks! Yearbooks! Yearbooks!
There is still time to put your buddy pictures and lovelines in the yearbook.  Cost is $4.00 per
buddy picture and $2.00 per loveline. We also are accepting ads for the yearbook. The price list is
located in the front office for the ads. Yearbook orders are still being taken at $15.00 each.  5th
Graders get your baby picture in before the end of the year.  If there are any questions regarding
the yearbook, please contact Leigh Ann Clark at 514-3762.

Important Notice regarding Choice Reassignment
The topic of School Choice Reassignment is coming up soon.  Due to class size reduction and
projected capacity, several schools are not considered choice options for the 2006-2007 school
year.  Canopy Oaks is one of those schools.   What does this mean to you as a Canopy Oaks
parent?  The following are some questions and answers that may help you.  Please read them
carefully to see if one or more the questions pertain to you.

Q: What if my child(ren) are already reassigned to Canopy Oaks?