COES-PARENTS Archives

Canopy Oaks Parents

COES-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
Brenda Fraser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 6 May 2005 13:43:34 -0400
5/2 - 5/13    Kindergarten Registration for 2005-2006 school year
5/9 - 5/13    Spirit Week
5/9 - 5/13    Book Fair

Monday, 5/9
Spirit Week-Sports Day
SAC meeting @ 5:30 pm
Media At Night - Media Center open from 5:30 - 7:30 pm - Book Fair
PTO meeting @ 7:00 pm

Tuesday, 5/10
Spirit Week-Pajama day (pajamas must follow the dress code)
School Board meeting, 6 pm @ City Hall

Wednesday, 5/11
Spirit Week-Hawaiian Day

Thursday, 5/12
Spirit Week-Mix and Match Day
Kindergarten Orientation
Parents will tour the school at 9:00 am and be invited to stay for lunch at 10:30 A.M.  The
orientation presentation will take place at 6:30 pm with kindergarten teachers and other staff to
provide information about the kindergarten program and answer questions.
Media At Night - Media Center open from 5:30 - 7:30 PM - Book Fair and last day of Media at
Night

Friday, 5/13
Spirit Week-Twin Day

Upcoming School Events:
5/20    Hat Day sponsored by Student Government
5/20    3rd grade end of the year cookout
5/23    AR Celebration for grades 3 - 5
5/24    AR Celebration for grades K - 2
5/24    School Board meeting/workshop, 6 PM @ Howell Center
5/26    5th Grade Celebration, 8:30 - 10:30 am
5/26    End of the Year Awards Assemblies for K- 4 to follow 5th Grade Celebration
5/27    Early Release Day, dismissal at 11:40 am
5/27    Last Day of School for Students
5/27    Report Cards Go Home
5/30    Four Day Work week begins
5/30    Memorial Day Holiday (School closed)
5/31    Teacher Planning/Inservice Day
6/1      Teacher Planning/Inservice Day

Kindergarten Orientation is scheduled on May 12th at 9:00 am with a tour of our Kindergarten
classrooms and lunch in the school cafeteria.  Student lunch is $1.50 and adult lunch is $2.50.  At
6:00 p.m. there will be a meeting in the school cafeteria for parents of registered Kindergarten
students.  If you have a child who will be entering Kindergarten in the fall, please plan to attend.
Registration packets are available in the front office. Please share this information with your
neighbors and friends.

Please remember that May 27th is an early release day.  School will be dismissed at 11:40 a.m.
Students enrolled in the Extended Day Enrichment Program will begin their day in after school at
11:40 a.m.  All of our students will have lunch before they leave campus on this day.

District School Volunteer Recognition & Award Ceremony, Thursday, May 12th, from 10:00 am -
11:30 am @ the Civic Center. All Nominees for the Outstanding school Volunteer Award and all
200 & 500 hour volunteers will be honored.  (Important Note:  There are no tickets required to
attend this event, not even a parking fee!)
Our Volunteers to be recognized are as follows:
Tara Odom   Lori Mizell
Monica Payne   Leigh Ann Hunter
Melode Smelko   Carrah Whitaker
Mary Buchholz   Kim Laramore
Tracy Malone   Peter Eberhard
Larry Weinstein          Wendy Shepard
Kelley Brewer   Wendy Stinson
Dorothy Gochnauer  Casey Wright
Leigh Ann Clark

Nutrition Tip of the Week:
Pack your lunch the night before: If you don't eat breakfast or pack a lunch because you rush too
much in the morning, set everything up the night before. It will decrease the morning stress and
start your day off right!

Physical Activity Tip of the Week:
Pack your lunch the night before: If you don't eat breakfast or pack a lunch because you rush too
much in the morning, set everything up the night before. It will decrease the morning stress and
start your day off right!

Canopy Oaks activity calendar is available on our website at:
<http://www.canopyoaks.leon.k12.fl.us/calendar.html>

Please forward this on to other Canopy Oaks parents who might be interested in joining our
listserv.  You may join or leave the listserv at: <http://listserv.leon.k12.fl.us/archives/
coesparents.html>