CMS-PARENTS Archives

Cobb Middle School Parents

CMS-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
Mary Barrett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 14:05:53 -0400
CUB REPORTER
September 16, 2003
http://www.cobb.leon.k12.fl.us
http://listserv.leon.k12.fl.us
“Building the Future Together”

Dear Parents and Students,
Thank you for a wonderful Open House last Thursday evening.  The
PTO did a fabulous job providing us with a dinner, spirit sales, and the
opportunity to sign up to be involved with a variety of activities.  The
SAC solicited for members and several people agreed to join.   The
Chorus performed in the gym and sang so beautifully that no one
could believe they had only been in school for a little over three weeks.
Open House started at 7:00 p.m. to a first class video and then
parents had the opportunity to visit all of their childrens’ classrooms.
Parents were extremely enthusiastic about the teachers, the school
year, and how great the school looks.  I was most impressed by
meeting all of you and seeing how the kids look so much like you; how
happy all of the students seem to be; and by the Leon High School
students who came back to visit and told me how prepared they are
academically and socially  for high school.  Thanks to everyone for a
wonderful evening.
We had our first PTO & SAC meetings last week.  Again, I encourage
all of you to take one hour out of each month and attend one of these
meetings.  This is truly where you find out everything you want to know.
At our SAC meeting we approved our School Improvement Plan for the
year.
Students will be given their Progress Reports on Wednesday,
September 17th.  Parents, the Progress Reports will provide you with
the status of your young person’s academic, behavioral, and
attendance standing.  Please feel free to consult with your student’s
teacher via phone or email.  Parent/teacher conferences can be
scheduled by contacting guidance.
  FAMILY DAY-The governor has proclaimed September 22, 2003 as
Family Day.  Families are urged to spend time together on this day
engaged in entertainment events, athletic activities, social enrichment,
and family dining.  The teachers will facilitate this initiative by not
assigning homework on that date.  Cherish the company of your loved
ones.
Please note: Strings (all stringed instruments) has class every
Tuesday and Thursday after school; Homework Center started
Monday; Football Jamboree is Tuesday evening; Progress Reports go
home Wednesday; Cross Country’s first meet is Thursday;
Volleyball’s first game is Thursday evening; and Family Day, Monday,
September 22 – NO HOMEWORK.
Congratulations to the following students who have made the 2003
Football team:
Justin Williams, Jonathan Roberts, Zack Taylor, Kenneth Bryant, Eric
Daniel, Deandre Byrd, Donta Williams,  Adrian Christian, Tremayne
Ash, Bradley Johnson, Efrain Sierra, Justin Thomas, Casey
Hutcheson, Mink Baker, Chris McKinnie, Cody Young, Diovelo White,
Dallas Wilder, Richard Charles, Steven Harp, David Morrison, Buddy
Austin, Jacob Pearson, Patrick Stepina, Joe Alexinok, Blake Jefferson,
Donnie Roger, Kevin Galuteria, Jwawza Robinson, Isaiah
Washington, Tyrease Pompey, Shawn Knight,  Ethan Woodard,
Charles Cooper, David Hagan, Melvin Ray, Marcus Robinson, Travis
Davis, Corrian Davis.
Congratulations to the following girls who have made the 2003
Volleyball team:
Robyn Beltz, Caitlin Baxley, Brittany Brown, Fantasia Hall, Erin
Hamilton, Diana Ortiz, Kyle Paterson, Julie Rasgdale, Kerrah Sharpe,
Laura Sheffield, Bridget Swingle, Shelby Tye, Emily Vogelgesang
As always, thanks for your support.

Lynda Roser
Principal
Calendar of Events

9/16-Tackle Football Jamboree, @ Cox Stadium, 6:00
9/17 – Progress Reports to Home
9/18-Cross Country, @ Chiles, 10:00 & 10:30
9/18-Volleyball Cobb VS Deerlake @ Deerlake, 6:30
9/22-Family Night
9/23-Tackle Football, Cobb VS Griffin, @ Cox Stadium, 5:30
9/24-Volleyball, Cobb VS Fairview, @ Cobb 6:30
9/29-Scoloisis Screening for 7th Grade
9/29-Volleball, Cobb VS Swift Creek @ Cobb, 6:30
Homework Center-Sept. 16, 17, 22, 23, 24, 25, 30 (After School)

Next Cub Reporter goes home on Tuesday, September 30th.

PTO NEWS

It is NEVER too late to join the PTO!  You may make a membership
donation of any amount.  Parents/guardians who donate $50 or more
have this promise:  The PTO will never call on you to donate your time
during the academic year.  To join the PTO send your donation, along
with your name and your child’s name  to the PTO via your child’s  P/C
teacher.  The P/C teacher with the highest percentage of parents
joining the PTO will receive a $30 gift certificate to the restaurant of
his/her choice!

WELCOME and THANKS to the newest members of the Cobb PTO:
Jinseok Park, Debby Boutin, Russell & Mary Ann Blackwood, John &
Elaine Nation, Margie Jessup, Erik & Sallie Robinson, Ray & Diane
Biederman, Jeffrey & Edith Victorine, Heidi Aaron, Michelle & Daniel
Riggs, Karen Campbell

OOPS!  Is your child not listed in the new Cobb School Directory?
Some forms were returned too late to be included, But we will be
publishing an addendum.  If you’ve not already done so, please return
your Directory form by October 1.  Directories are still available for sale
at $3 each.

Mark your calendar!  Cobb PTO meeting, Tuesday, October 7, 12 noon.
Bring a lunch and be ready to get the inside scoop on what’s gong on
at Cobb.