CMS-PARENTS Archives

Cobb Middle School Parents

CMS-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
Mary Barrett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 2004 10:55:45 -0500
CUB REPORTER
December 7,  2004
http://www.cobb.leon.k12.fl.us    http://listserv.leon.k12.fl.us
“Building the Future Together”

Greetings Parents and Families:

We are very proud to announce that our own Brittany Williams was selected
as the Channel 6 (cable 9) STUDENT OF THE WEEK for Nov. 29-Dec. 3.
Congratulations to an outstanding Cobb Cub!

Congratulations to the Cobb Middle School chorus for an astounding display
of vocal musical excellence last Thursday night during our annual fall
concert.  Special thanks to our director Mrs. Jodi Drew and our accompanist
Ms. Vicki Threadgill.  Also, the chorus represented our school very well on
Monday, Dec. 6th at a command performance at our state capitol.  The
combined chorus of boys and girls was exquisite!

The Cobb Middle School band again delivered a riveting performance on
Monday night.  The annual fall concert under the direction of Mr. Bill
Miller featured an array of music that was performed with precision and
skill by our young men and women.  They were awesome!

We are so proud of our ALL DISTRICT BAND members!  They are as follows:
Kathleen Park, Wourtney Warren, Kyle Mallari, Graham Hawkes, Jonathan
Carrasco, and Brandon Davis.  They will be conducted by Dr. Patrick
Dunnagin, FSU Band Director and they will perform in concert in late
January with details to be announced later.

On Saturday, December 6 a group of Cobb students participated in a math
contest at Chiles High School. This was a Pre-Algebra contest.  There were
two events.
-In the first round Sena Park placed 10th and Yu-Chin Chan was 4th.
-In the second round Yu-Chin Chan finished 9th, John Easton was 8th, Andrew
Schmidt placed 4th, and Sena Park was the 1st place student.
Thanks to all the students that came. Cobb was very well represented. A big
Thanks to Mr. Coleman for sponsoring our students and to Ms. Starkey for
coming out and supporting our students.  All Algebra and Geometry students
are invited to participate in th e next Mu Alpha Theta contests. There will
be a regional competition on January 8th in Panama City and an invitational
contest in Gainesville on January 22nd. See Mr. Coleman in room 45 for
details. If you haven’t tried Mu Alpha Theta, you’re missing the fun.

There are a few more seats available for the 8th grade trip.  Please
contact Mr. Coleman or Mrs. Aaron as soon as possible if you are interested.

Cobb girl’s basketball team will host the semifinals as the #1 seed on
Tuesday, Dec. 7th at 6:30.  The price of admission is $2.00.  We need your
loud, boisterous support!  The winner advances to the Divisional I
Championships on Thursday, Dec. 9th,  7:30 p.m. at Leon High School.

Cobb boy’s soccer team played Ft. Braden at Messer Park on Monday, December
6th at 7:30 p.m. in the Division I semifinals.  Cobb won and will advance
to the Divisional I Championships on Wednesday, Dec. 8th, 7:30 p.m. at
Lincoln High School.  Cobb will play Griffin at 7:30.

Congratulations to Mrs. Stephanie Harrell who is this year’s winner of the
Roser Award.

Wednesday and Thursday, December 15 & 16 will not be early release days as
previously scheduled.  Those days will be regular days in order to make up
for the Hurricane days.  Friday, December 17 will be an early release day
and students will be dismissed at 11:20.  More information on first
semester exam schedule will be forthcoming and will also be posted on the
listserv next week.

The winter holiday schedule commences at 11:20 a.m. on Friday, December
17th.  The school will be closed until January 3rd which is a teacher
workday.  Students are scheduled to report to school on Tuesday, January
4th for the 2nd semester.

Have a safe and happy holiday.

Zachary Ansley,
Assistant Principal for Curriculum

Next Cub Reporter will be published January 18, 2005.

To Subscribe to Cobb’s parents’ listserv, go to the following internet
address to view the “List Archives at LISTSERV.LEON.K12.FL.US”.
http://listserv.leon.k12.fl.us/.

PTO NEWS-No PTO meeting in December

We do have a few events coming up that you can join in and help:
• Email Patty Aylesbury at [log in to unmask]  to volunteer in
the copy room at school.  It’s an easy way to help all the teachers and
very flexible hours during the day.
• Don’t forget to sign up for the Albertsons partner Program and the
Winn-Dixie Rewards Program.  Email Laura Rogers at [log in to unmask]
for more information or help.

If there are questions about rhe 8th grade trip, please contact Heidi
Aaron, the trip coordinator at 878-8768 or email [log in to unmask]
Look for a Web page link to be added to.

Our T-shirts and shorts from Florida Tees are in!  Please fill out the
order form to place your order for Cobb Spirit items.  Place order form and
payment in an envelope marked COBB PTO and send to the front office.

Laura Rogers
PTO President
ORDER FORM

                         Adult Sizes
 Price  XS      S      M      L      XL     XXL
Purple T Shirt – (White Paw Prints) $10

Grey T Shirt – (Purple Cobb Logo) $10

White T Shirt – (Purple Cobb Logo) $10

Purple Girls Shorts – (White Cobb on Back) $12

Black Boys Gym Shorts – (White Cobb Logo on leg) $15

Totebag $5

Please attach check/cash/money order to:  Cobb PTO.  We will send order
home with the student.

Student Name:__________________________   Peer Counseling Teacher:

Home Phone: _________________________         Work Phone: