CMS-PARENTS Archives

Cobb Middle School Parents

CMS-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
Mary Barrett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 2 Sep 2003 12:42:27 -0400
CUB REPORTER
September 2, 2003
Email address-cobb.leon.k12.fl.us
http://listserv.leon.k12.fl.us
“Building the Future Together”

Greetings Parents and Families,
Thanks for a wonderful opening of the 2003-2004 school year.  It is so
nice to have all of the students back in school and enjoying their
classes and teachers.  Thank you for sending us your children.  The
Cub Reporter will be published every two weeks. Look at the bottom of
the Cub Reporter and it will be posted when the next Cub Reporter will
be delivered to students to take home. Cobb has a Listserv, a
program that automatically disseminates a single e-mail message.
There is no fee to join the Listserv. It has been set up to share
information to parents from Cobb by e-mail, but isn’t intended as a
forum of dialogue between subscribers.  To Subscribe to Cobb’s
parents’ listserv, go to the following internet address to view the “List
Archives at LISTSERV.LEON.K12.FL.US”. http://listserv.leon.k12.fl.us/
Click on the “CMS-PARENTS” link and then select “Join or leave the
list (or change settings)”. In the next window you will be asked for your
e-mail address and name. Next, click “Join CMS-PARENTS” and
accept the other default settings.  Once you have signed-up to receive
the mailing, you will receive a confirmation request email THAT YOU
MUST REPLY TO, to confirm your identity and prevent third parties
from subscribing you to a list against your will. Simply wait for this
message to arrive, and then follow the instructions to confirm the
operation.  I strongly encourage you to sign up if you have access to
email.  The Cub Reporter is provided to highlight upcoming activities
and to advise you of Cobb events.  If your child has attained some
achievement that you would like published, please get this information
to me and I will be happy to include that information in this newsletter.
Our Public Hearing on our School Improvement Plan (SIP) will be
conducted at noon on Tuesday, September 2nd in the conference
room.  Many of you gave input last year through SITE (School
Improvement Team), SAC (School Advisory Council), or just wrote in
suggestions.  This document has been written and revised by faculty
and parents.  Thanks to everyone for their help.  This final Public
Hearing will take place during SAC so our SIP plan can be approved
for the 2003-2004 school year.  We would love for you to get involved in
SAC at this meeting.  I hope to see you there.
Our first PTO meeting will be Tuesday, September 9 at noon in the
conference room.  If you have not contacted Meg Guyton, our PTO
chair, I would encourage you to do so.  It is so important for your child
to have you involved in the school in some aspect.  This is a great way
to be involved.
Middle School Open House comes early this year.  Open House is the
evening of September 11.  PTO will sell hot dogs and drinks before
Open House and Chorus will provide a short performance.  Open
House to visit the classrooms begins at 7:00 p.m. and concludes
around 8:30 p.m.  You begin in the classrooms at your child’s Peer
Counsel Class.  Be sure and get your child’s schedule so you can
follow it that night.  A flyer will be coming home before Open House to
give you all of the details.
Students are currently trying out for all types of athletics.  Tackle
football, girls’ volleyball, and track are all beginning.  It is so exciting to
see students participating in after school activities.  Cobb’s String
Program will be offered on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 2:00-3:00.  For
more information on the String’s class call Jimmy Gillis at 567-0839.
The Homework Center will also begin on Monday, September 15.  All
of these activities are free and end at 3:45.
Going home today with the Cub Reporter today is a letter from Lorri
Pilkington, Health & Nursing Services informing you of health
screening that will take place at Cobb this school year.  You will be
notified as the dates are set.
Thanks for your continued support.

Lynda Roser
Principal

The Next Cub Reporter will go home September, 16, 2003

PTO NEWS

PTO meeting is Tuesday, September 9, 12 Noon in the main office
meeting room.  The best way to know what’s going on at Cobb and
how you can be a part of your child’s education is to attend PTO
meetings!  Bring a lunch and join other interested Cobb parents and
staff.

Please return Kathryn Beich catalog order forms and money
immediately.  This is the PTO’s only BIG annual fundraiser.  We need
your support!!

A GREAT Thank You to the following Cobb parents for volunteering
their time during orientation n day:  Rachel Abrams, Jeanee Byrd,
Karen Murrell and Laura Rogers.

Great big Cub hugs to these parents who are supporting our school
by joining the PTO:

Frank & Anne Ashcroft
Donna & Mark Long
Henry & Kelly McDonald
Jeff & Terri Walters
Thomas & Margaret Bryant
Jeanee Byrd
Calvin & Ann Johnson
Charles & Meg Guyton

From Donna Crawford – Student Directory forms need to be returned
in by this Friday (9/5).  That will enable us to get them all entered and
the directory ready for open house.  If you don't turn in a form, you won't
be in the directory!

Looking forward to a great year.

Meg Guyton
PTO President