CMS-PARENTS Archives

Cobb Middle School Parents

CMS-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Mr. McDaris" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 15 Jan 2008 14:44:15 -0500
Cobb PTO Presents

FCAT Parent Night

 Cobb Middle School Media Center
 January 31, 2008 6:30

 Cobb’s faculty and administration will provide you with:
• FCAT testing schedule and format information (types of questions)
• How to continue to support our students in Reading, Writing, Math
and Science
• Website resources for students and parents
• Tips to being the most successful you can be
• STARS Strategy for Test Success (a strategy students are learning
at Cobb to increase their success in test taking)
• Question and Answer Session

2008 Leon County Schools Climate Survey

(6th and 8th grade only)

Attached is the 2008 Leon County Schools Climate Survey along with a parent
comment form.  These forms are intended to allow parents the opportunity to
offer their opinions about the different areas of services provided by Cobb
Middle School.  Our students, faculty, staff and administrators also
complete the survey.  The data we receive from these surveys will help Cobb
and the district in planning for the future needs.  We greatly appreciate
all of the support we have received from you in the past and hope to
continue to receive in the future.
Please complete the attached forms and give them to your student to return
to their PC teacher on Friday, Jan.18 .

Cobb Middle School After Academic School Program

Your child has the opportunity to participate in a specialized tutorial
program integrated within the after school academic program at Cobb Middle
School. The after school program is a comprehensive instructional program
designed to help students improve their skills in reading, mathematics and
science proficiency.  All students will be given personalized instruction
on identified areas of needs or they may receive help with any assignment.

Computer-based instructional programs (Pearson Successmaker, FCAT Explorer,
and Study Island), FCAT Practice workbook, Sunshine State Standards (SSS)
Benchmarks practice worksheets, teacher-generated assignment sheets, and
textbook-based instruments will be used to provide your child with a
variety of resources to facilitate his/her learning.

The program is in session  2:00-3:45 p.m.  Monday – Thursday.  All students
must be picked up no later than 4:00 p.m. If you wish to pick your child up
prior to 4:00 p.m., you must come into the media center to sign your child
out.

If your child currently receives bus transportation or is eligible to ride
a bus, your child will be able to ride the activity bus home in the
afternoons. The bus departs at 4:00 p.m. daily Monday – Thursday.

Please contact Mrs. Demps at 488-3364 if there are any questions.

There will be a Town Hall Meeting at Roberts Elementary on January 22, 2008
in the cafeteria concerning Middle School "CC".  This meeting is scheduled
start at 6:30 p.m.