CMS-PARENTS Archives

Cobb Middle School Parents

CMS-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Bell, Shelly" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 24 Sep 2009 08:18:29 -0400
I would like to take this opportunity to remind you of our "Saturday Morning Physics" program at Florida State University which introduces local students of all ages and interested adults to current research topics in the physical sciences. Our goal is to educate, entertain, and inspire. The program is entirely funded by Florida State and offered as a community service at no cost to the participants. I know from previous years that this program has been well received by all students.

The first SMP presentation will be this coming Saturday, September 26th, on the "Physics of Waves". No reservation is required. Please encourage your students to attend. The full semester program is available at:

       http://www.physics.fsu.edu/outreach/smp.asp

The Physics Department will also provide attendance slips if you consider Saturday Morning Physics for extra credit. We will email you the list of attendees. Students will receive certificates at the end of the semester.

Please don't hesitate to contact me ([log in to unmask]) if you have further questions.

Regards,

      Volker Crede

Prof. Volker Crede
Florida State University