CMS-PARENTS Archives

Cobb Middle School Parents

CMS-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Mrs. Meeks" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2006 15:32:36 -0400
Parents,
  Today is the last day for the current nine week grading period. Our
students have worked very hard for the past nine weeks and have made
excellent progress towards mastering the middle school benchmarks.  Report
cards will be sent home with your child on Monday, October 23.  Tomorrow is
a teacher in-service day, so students do not report to school.

  Next Tuesday, October 17th, the PTO/SAC will meet in the media center
beginning at 6:00pm.  Please try and show your support for these important
meetings, as your attendance and feedback help Cobb be an excellent middle
school.

  I hope your child has been successful in selling items for the BELIEVE
fundraiser.  Remember all forms and money is due by October 20th.  Each
child only has to sell eight items to attend the Mega party.  Help us reach
our goal of $16,000 in sales.  Have a restful weekend.

Shannon Meeks

From the PTO:
We’ve recently launched our 2006-2007 Box Tops for Education fundraising
campaign. This year we’ve set a goal of earning $300.00 through Box Tops to
support Cobb PTO projects.

For over 10 years, Box Tops helped America’s schools raise over $175
million to buy the things they need. The Box Tops for Education program
offers three easy ways to make a difference through everyday activities:
buying groceries and saving the Box Tops labels, shopping online or making
purchases with a credit card. Cobb is asking for the support of families
and community members like you.

Another easy way to help our school is to sign up for the Box Tops website
at boxtops4education.com. You’ll get updates on our school’s Box Tops
earnings, money-saving coupons, family-pleasing recipes, and chances to win
Bonus Box Tops, the latest Box Tops news and much, much more. Best of all,
it’s absolutely free!

Attention Parents & Students!  Mark your calendar for Tuesday, October
24th!  You do not want to miss this year's Junior Author Event featuring
Kate Klise, author of the Sunshine State award-winning book "Regarding the
Fountain" and many other unique and highly entertaining junior fiction
books.  Refreshments courtesy of Old Town Cafe will be available at 6:30.
Her presentation begins at 7:00 p.m. at the Main Leon County Public Library
program room and will be followed by a book signing.  For more information
on Kate, please visit: http://kateandsarahklise.com