CMS-PARENTS Archives

Cobb Middle School Parents

CMS-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Mrs. Meeks" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 13:52:12 -0500
• Report cards will go home with your child on Monday, April 3rd

• Writes Upon Request will be given on Thursday, April 20th in grades
6th-8th

• It's time for Cobb's Spring "Buy One, Get One Free" Book Fair!
Students will be able to buy any book and get a second book of equal or
lesser value for free. The fair will be held April 3-5 and students will
have a chance to shop the fair through their Language Arts classes.

Cobb's student summer reading book has also been chosen. The book is "Young
Man and the Sea" by Rodman Philbrick and can be ordered through the book
fair for $5.00, which includes tax. Students will pay for the book, which
will then be delivered to them the week after the fair. Unfortunately, this
book is NOT part of the buy one, get one free sale, but it's still a great
deal. We look forward to parents and students stocking up on some great
books!

• The Florida Bandmasters and Vocal Associations held their annual
Music Performance Assessments this month.  Both our band and chorus
received superiors from all three performance judges and a superior from
the Sight-reading judge.  These scores gave both the band and chorus a top
assessment of straight superior ratings.  This achievement took a lot of
preparation and we applaud the students in our music programs for their
success.

• The Construction and renovation project has officially started.
Many of you have noticed the new fence and gated that closes off the back
delivery driveway off Lucy Street; Please do not use this area to drop
off/pick-up your child.

• All students will complete an “On-line” School Climate Survey next
week.  Students in grades 6th & 7th will bring home a survey for their
parents to complete.  Please complete the survey and return it to the
school.