CMS-PARENTS Archives

Cobb Middle School Parents

CMS-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Mrs. Meeks" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2006 14:34:32 -0400
September 1, 2006

Greetings Parents and Students,

It is hard to believe we are approaching the fourth week of school.  I am
very proud of the progress our students have made so far this year and look
forward to continued success for the rest of the year. Several avenues of
communication with parents are in place so that we can work together in
continuing your child’s success.  I will be communicating with you
frequently through letters and Listserv.

The first PTO and School Advisory Committee meetings were held on Tuesday,
August 29th.  The next PTO/SAC meeting will address our 2006-2007 School
Improvement Plan.  This will be the official Public Hearing held in the
media center.  The Public Hearing will give you a chance to get involved
with the school improvement process at Cobb Middle School. These two
meetings will be held every third Tuesday of each month.  Check our school
website at http://www.cobb.leon.k12.fl.us/ for the most up to date
information about our school.

Please make sure you mark your calendars for our Open House on September
7th  from 6:45pm until 8:00pm.  This is a time you can meet your child’s
teachers and hear valuable information about each of your child’s classes.
The first bell will ring at 6:45pm for you to report to your child’s first
period.   From 5:30pm until 6:30 pm, PTO will sell a pizza supper and
spirit items.

Have a safe Labor Day weekend.

Sincerely,

Shannon Meeks
Principal

Some important dates:

September 7 – Open House
September 12 – Progress reports go home
September 19- PTO/SAC meetings (PTO 6:00– 6:45pm and SAC  6:45-7:30pm)

Boy’s Football and Girl’s Volleyball games start soon–$2.00 admission for
volleyball and $3.00 for football – check our website for specific game
dates and times.