CMS-PARENTS Archives

Cobb Middle School Parents

CMS-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
Mary Barrett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 12:52:17 -0500
CUB REPORTER
November 18, 2003
http://www.cobb.leon.k12.fl.us
http://listserv.leon.k12.fl.us
“Building the Future Together”

Dear Parent and Students,
I would like to take this opportunity to remind all parents and students
about the wonderful after school activities that we have available for all
students. We have a variety of sports available in our athletic program.
Currently, we are in our Boys’ Soccer, and Girls’ Basketball sessions.  Our
Homework Center is open Monday – Thursday (most weeks) and is staffed by
certified teachers.  You may not be aware that  we have added, Chess Club,
Color Guard, Sisters, Media Club, Garden Club, FFEA (Florida Future
Educators of America), and Running Club to the program. These activities
are available for students to participate in at no cost to you or the
family.  Please check with the sponsors or the Student Bulletin for dates
and times.

Congratulations to our top winners in the Kathryn Beich fundraiser for
raising the most money in the entire school:  Amily Vogelesang, Stephanie
Hunter, Hayley Fisher, Andrea Butler, Taiesha Collier, Stenza Danniels,
Dejuante Collings, Javaris Smith, Julia Guyton, Brett Fain, Whitley Byrd,
Tyrone Hicks, Caitlin Matthews, Macy Brown, Christopher Cirioni, and Amirah
Rasul.  The PTO and Cobb family want to thank everyone for their
participation and help in raising money for the school.  The money goes for
clubs, activities, student rewards and other worthwhile activities.

Congratulations to Shawn Fassig who made the 7th & 8th grade auditioned All-
State band. He is to be commended for his hard work and dedication in
preparation for the try-out. He will travel to Tampa in January for a two
day rehearsal and concert in the Tampa Bay Convention Center.
Congratulations to Jeremy Rush, Jon Mathes, Melissa Campbell, Vanessa
Carey, Meagan Davis, and Bridget Swingle for making the grade to attend
Choral Allstate.  They will be members of a 300 member chorus in January.
Hundreds of students tried out for this process and we are so proud that
these students made it into this prestigious event.   Way to go Cobb chorus!
Beta Club had their first school work day today and after two hours of hard
labor they packed up 127 boxes of old textbooks that will be picked up by
the district office.  We still have about 300 plus boxes to get ready to be
shipped out.  Thanks Beta!!
Progress Reports went home on Monday, November 17th.  Before you know it
the 2nd nine weeks will be over and we will start 2nd semester.
Boys’ Soccer and Girls’ Basketball are both well underway.  Come out and
support these superb athletes and enjoy the enthusiasm of the crowds and
support our students.
The next regularly scheduled SAC meeting is Tuesday, November 25th  at
12:15 p.m.  Please join us as we make decisions that impact the entire
school.
Also, please mark your calendar for the evening of December 4th when we
have our Book Fair and Science Fair.  PTO will be preparing a Spaghetti
Dinner so we don’t have to cook.  These are great academic activities for
the entire family to get involved with at Cobb.  More information about
this event will be forthcoming.
If you did not receive a letter from Taylor publishing about completing
your order for the 2003-2004 yearbook, you can visit www.smart-pay.com and
place an order.  With each online order you have a chance to win a brand
new iPod.  Don’t be left out!!
As always, thanks for your support.

Lynda Roser, Principal

Calendar of Events

November 19 – Writes Upon Request
November 21 – Boys Soccer Cobb VS Griffin at Tom Brown Park 6:00
November 22 – Mu Alpha Theta Contest – Chiles
November 24 Boys Soccer Cobb VS Raa at Tom Brown Park 6:00
November 24 – Girls Basketball Cobb VS BellVue at Cobb 6:30
November 26-28 Thanksgiving Holidays for Students and Teachers
December 1 – Boys Soccer Cobb VS Deerlake at Tom Brown Park 7:30
December 2 Girls Basketball Cobb VS  Deerlake at Deerlake 6:30
December 3-9 Book Fair and Science Fair
December 4 – Science Fair Night 5:30-7:30
December 5 – Club Pictures

After School Program

November 19; December 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 9, 10, 11, 15, 16, 17

PTO NEWS

Parent volunteers are needed to assist with the December 16 Pizza Supper.
There are tasks for the week leading up to that day and other tasks for the
evening of event itself.  To volunteer or get more information, call Meg
Guyton at  385-0275.

Next Cub Reporter goes home December 9, 2003