CMS-PARENTS Archives

Cobb Middle School Parents

CMS-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Mrs. Meeks" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2006 07:49:41 -0400
Dear Parents:

On October 25, all our students took the district’s first “Science Upon
Request.”   The purpose of this new assessment is to give teachers
information about their students’ science knowledge.    In middle schools,
FCAT Science is tested only in grade 8.  However, Cobb teachers begin
preparing students in grade six!

Please mark your calendars for November 14 and plan to attend Cobb’s annual
Parent FCAT Night.  Our teachers will present samples of FCAT test items in
the areas of reading, writing, math, and science.  This very informative
presentation will begin at 6:30 p.m. in the Media Center.

Have a safe, restful weekend and remember-- the time changes Sunday morning.

Shannon Meeks