CMS-MAGNET Archives

Cobb Middle School Magnet News

CMS-MAGNET@LISTSERV.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
Robin Oliveri <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 23 Sep 2008 21:18:43 -0400
Trip Update:

Both class field trips:  7th grade overnight camping at Sea World and 6th
grade overnight camping at Kennedy Space Center-----are booking and
underway.  You will be receiving details soon on pricing and dates.
Remember, everything we can raise through fundraisers helps to off-set the
final cost to students.  Our cinch bag sales are going well, but we can do
better!  Send your $8 today for your student to purchase a Cobb cinch pack.

Our first spaghetti dinner will Thursday, October 30th.  Mark your
calendars!  Students will be receiving tickets to sell in advance.  This is
a great event for meeting other magnet families and all proceeds go toward
funding the trips.  Information will be coming home soon.

If you have ideas on fundraisers or donors, please contact me at

Carpool Update:

If you are interested in participating in the magnet carpool, please
contact Dr. Jose Rodriguez at [log in to unmask]

Sports:

Many sports events are taking place and we encourage you to take part in
this community building activity.  Nothing instills school spirit more than
cheering on the home team!  Go to a game and celebrate our students!  Fans
in the stands are as important as the players on the field!

Scholastic Update:

Now that progress reports have gone home, you should be able to evaluate
your students progress and status.  Take this moment to help them self-
evaluate their organization style, calendar use, and study habits.  There
are many sources for tips and encouragement to help these high-achievers
reack their maximum potential.  Contact your student's teachers to open
dialogue and communication, consider having agenda books signed each week
and don't forget the positive reinforcement for even the small successes.
Working together as a team we can help each child develop into a life-long
learner.  Please don't hesistate to contact us if we can help in any way.