CMS-MAGNET Archives

Cobb Middle School Magnet News

CMS-MAGNET@LISTSERV.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
Robin Oliveri <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 1 Dec 2008 09:37:45 -0500
Good Morning All and Welcome Back!

I hope everyone enjoyed a restful holiday.  This posting is to update you
on our science fair and Super Science Extravaganza---both will be taking
place on Thursday, December 4, 2008.

Judging will take place during the school day on Thursday.  All projects
must be received for check-in no later than Wednesday at 4pm.  The only
exceptions are those projects that were delayed due to SRC approval (those
students know who they are).

After school, from 4pm - 7pm we will be hosting our 1st Annual Super
Science Extravaganza.  We will have several community science groups on
campus giving demonstrations and doing activities with the students.  We
will also have our bookfair running, PTO dinner sales (pizza and soda for
$3), a Build-A-Book activity for the younger set, and a science scavenger
hunt good for a $2 book purchase coupon!  Come out and preview all the
projects in the gym and enjoy the festivities.

The official awards ceremony will take place at 7pm in our gymnasium and
usually lasts about 30 minutes.

We are always looking for volunteers. If you can spare the time and energy,
please contact Yolanda Miller or Krys Godwin at
[log in to unmask]; or [log in to unmask]

We need food items to be made for our wonderful judges!  Items in need are
breakfast foods, snacks and lunch casseroles, etc.  We also need paper
goods and canned beverages.  Please let either Ms. Miller or Ms. Godwin
know if you can supply any of these items.  All items should be brought to
the front office no later than 7:30am. Thank you in advance for your
generosity!

Have a great week and we will see you all on Thursday!!

Robin Oliveri