CMS-MAGNET Archives

Cobb Middle School Magnet News

CMS-MAGNET@LISTSERV.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
Robin Oliveri <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 7 Dec 2008 23:06:06 -0500
Dear Parents;

I am very excited to share with you that myself, Ms. Constable (Language
Arts) and Mr. Gusman (Math) have received a $2000.00 technology grant to
purchase and integrate a Quizdom automated-student-response system in our
classes.  These electronic response systems are similar, if not identical,
to those currently being used in college classrooms and company meeting
rooms around the nation.

Research is building that demonstrates the effectiveness of these systems
in providing real-time progress monitoring for teachers in a manner that is
fun, engaging and relevant to our tech-savvy young people.  No more
guessing by the teacher who is actually understanding the lesson because
the kdis are emabarassed to admit it, or waiting for the quiz or test grade
for a student to know their own level of comprehension----both teacher and
student will have immediate feedback and interaction throughout the lesson
in a manner that will provide privacy to the student.

We will use this system in all three content areas targeting specific
student populations.  We will then submit a final report demonstrating the
impact on student achievement levels using this system.

I expect the students will both learn and have fun at the same time!  This
is just another way that Cobb is leading the way in innovative technology
in the classroom!

Kind Regards,

Robin Oliveri, Director