CMS-MAGNET Archives

Cobb Middle School Magnet News

CMS-MAGNET@LISTSERV.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
Robin Oliveri <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 15 Nov 2008 19:51:06 -0500
Science Fair Extension for Oliveri Classes

Due to my absence in class and conflicting dates with the 7th and 8th grade
magnet teachers, I am extending the project due date for my classes to
November 26, 2008.

Backboards will be available for purchase at school this week for only $3--
a bargain anywhere!!  Boards are available in white, red, blue, green, and
black.  Boards can be purchased from any science teacher.

Spaghetti Dinner Results!

Congratulations to all our students and families for helping make our
spaghetti dinner fundraiser a HUGE success!  We raised $1,500.00!!!!!
WOW!  Special thanks to our parent volunteers behind the counter and our
wonderful coordinator, Francheska Jones.  We will plan another dinner in
the spring, so be thinking of creative ideas.

Trip Updates

Don't forget that deposits for both the 7th and 8th grade magnet field
trips are due by Nov. 26th.  Make checks payable to Cobb Middle School
PTO.  Please let me know if you have any questions.  Our lead coordinators
are Mr. Locke (Austin Locke's dad) for 7th grade and Ms. Roddenberry
(Mitchell Roddenberry's mom) for the 6th grade.  If you know of any
businesses that might sponsor t-shirts for the trip, please let these folks
know.

Science Extravaganza Night - December 4th.

The Magnet Program is hosting the 1st Annual Science Extravaganza night the
afternoon of the Cobb fair from 4-6:30pm for all our Cobb families.  The
awards ceremony will begin at 7pm following the event in our gym.  During
the Extravaganza, students will be able to visit several local science
groups around campus and enjoy exhibitions and demos.  PTO will also be
providing dinner sales and Cobb spirit sales.  In addition, the Scholastic
Bookfair will be open for business in the media center.  As you can see, it
will be a fantastic and fun family science night!  If you would like to
help volunteer, please contact Yolanda Miller (Jasmine McQueen's mom).  If
you know of, or are part of, a science group that would like to
participate, please contact me or Crystle Rudd (our school's executive
secretary).  We are also looking for science fair judges as our fair is
growing in size each year.  If you or your colleagues are willing to judge
from 7:30am - 1:40pm, please contact me.  We provide our judges with
breakfast, snack, lunch and all the praise we can muster.  :-)

There are many ways to help increase enthusiasm for science in our
students.  We welcome all our parents to get involved.

Have a great week!

Robin Oliveri, Director