From:
Christi Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 14:05:28 -0500
PRINCIPAL’S PAWSE
As our FCAT testing begins next week, I would like to remind parents how
important it is for children to be healthy, well rested, and at school on
time.  It is also important for the children to feel confident and put
forth their best effort during the testing.

Parents, we will be asking for your support in preparing for the upcoming
Spring Festival which will take place on Saturday, April 26 from 10:00-
2:00.  We will need parents to help run the booths for each classroom.
Please be sure to contact your child's teacher or the class parent to offer
your support.  We look forward to involving the community this year by
having arts, crafts, and food booths, as well.  Please be sure to mark your
calendars.

MRS. OLK’S CORNER
Special area schedules are being adjusted for the entire two weeks of  FCAT
testing. They are as follows: Kindergarten 7:50-8:35, Second Grade 8:40-
9:25, First Grade 9:30-10:15, Third Grade 10:25-11:10, Fifth Grade 11:50-
12:35 and Fourth Grade 12:45-1:30.

BRUNCH WITH THE ASTRONAUTS
The Challenger Learning Center at FAMU/FSU College of Engineering is
holding a “Brunch with the Astronauts”.  It will be held on Saturday, March
1st, from 10:00am-12:00pm, at 2525 Pottsdamer Street Building A. Come out
and listen to exciting space stories told by those who have been there!
Continental breakfast will be served. The cost is $10 for adults and $5 for
K-12 students. Space is limited; please call 410-6488 for tickets or more
information.

YEARBOOKS
Yearbooks are still available for purchase, but supplies are limited. The
cost is $15/per book. We should be receiving the yearbooks in by the end of
April.

IMPORTANT TESTING DATES
Please make a note of these important dates coming up:

March 3,4,5 FCAT Reading & Math SSS Tests
   (Grades 3, 4 & 5)
March 10, 11 FCAT Science (Grade 5)
March 12  FCAT Reading & Math NRT Tests
   (Grades 3, 4 & 5)
April 1-4  SAT9 (Grades 1 & 2)

TEACHER PLANNING DAY/ SPRING BREAK – NO SCHOOL
There is a Teacher Planning Day on Friday March 21st, followed by Spring
Break, which is March 24-28.

ASTHMA SUMMER CAMP
The American Lung Association of Florida is sponsoring an Asthma Summer
Camp (The Boggy Creek Gang Camp). The Boggy Creek Gang Camp is an exciting
camp held from July 25-31 for children with asthma, ages 7-16, who are
unable to attend other summer camps due to their illness. The camp is
located 30 minutes north of Orlando, FL near Eustis, FL. Transportation to
and from camp will be provided by the American Lung Association of Florida.
The camp offers traditional camp activities such as swimming, boating,
fishing, woodshop, theater, horseback riding, archery, arts and crafts,
etc. For more information or to request an application, please call 850-386-
2065 or 1-800-586-4872. No child or family is charged to attend the camp.
Application deadline is May 1, 2003.

QUESTIONS FOR ERI
Here are some new words to add to your Japanese vocabulary!
ohayo  good morning
konnichiwa good afternoon/hello
sayonara good bye
oyasumi  good night
arigatoh thank you
sukidesu I love you
okashi  sweets
tomodachi friend
sensei  teacher
gakkoh  school
say to  student

UPCOMING EVENTS:
Please mark your calendar and plan to join us for these upcoming events!
Please note that the items with a P indicate that we will be seeking parent
volunteers to assist us.  If you are able to assist, please contact the
front office by calling 878-8534.

February 28  Spirit Day
March 1   Deadline for Reassignment for 2003/2004 School Year
P March 3   SAC Meeting, 5:30pm, Media Center
March 3,4,5  FCAT Reading & Math SSS Tests (Grades 3,4,5)
March 4   Bookmobile, 4:30-7:30pm
   Skate Night,  6:30-8:30pm, Skate World
March 4&5  Kindergarten – K.U.T.E. Program, 9:00am,
Kindergarten Classrooms
March 7   Spirit Day
March 10,11  FCAT Science (Grade 5)
March 12   FCAT Reading & Math NRT Test (Grades 3,4,5)
March 14   Spirit Day
P March 18   PTO Spring Festival Organizational
Meeting, 5:30pm, Media Center
   Bookmobile, 4:30-7:30pm
March 20   4th Grade – SEA-TO-SEE, 7:30-12:30,
Guidance Hallway
End of Third Nine Weeks
March 21   Teacher Planning Day – NO SCHOOL FOR
STUDENTS
March 24-28  SPRING BREAK! – NO SCHOOL
March 25   Leon Co. Mobile Health Unit at Chaires
East, 1:30-3:30pm
April 1-4   SAT9 Testing (Grades 1 & 2)

SPIRIT DAY WINNERS for the week of February 21st were Mrs. Davis –
Kindergarten, Mrs. Sauls – 1st grade, Mrs. Laney – 2nd grade, Mrs. Shaner –
3rd grade, Ms. Dannemiller – 4th grade and Mrs. Toner – 5th grade. GREAT
SPIRIT!

EMPTY COT AND SAFETY AWARDS FOR FEBRUARY – Mrs. Davis’ Kindergarten class
won the Empty Cot award and Mrs. DeRouin’s 4th grade class won the safety
award for the month of February. Mrs. Church presented both classes with
cupcakes for their award. FABULOUS!

You are on this list because you subscribed to the ChairesPTO Listserve.
However,if you wish to unsubscribe, please email Christi Moss, Principal,
at [log in to unmask]