From:
Christi Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 09:46:51 -0500
PRINCIPAL’S PAWSE
It's the time of year when the children are very excited about the upcoming
holidays and break from school. We would appreciate your help in keeping
the children focused on learning and positive behavior!
We are still having difficulty with PARENTS not following the rules. When
parents park at the front of the school, we do not have enough parking
spaces for our teachers and they are getting into classes late. PLEASE use
the car ramp and parking spaces at the back of the school if you need to
walk your child in.  In addition, if you do bring your child, please take
them to the supervised area (playground on nice days, indoor supervision
area on cold/rainy days).  We're finding that other children are hanging
around in the hallway and not going to their supervised area when they see
a parent in the hallway.
Finally, please do not stand in the hallway or near the playground exits of
the K-2 playground.  Our goal is to get the children lined up at the first
bell and have them in their seats by the second bell.  If parents are
blocking the way, it delays the start of class. Sorry to "scold" the Moms
and Dads, but we REALLY need for you to set a good example for the children
by following the rules, too!
I look forward to seeing you all at the Holiday events on Tuesday evening.
The chorus and drama students have worked hard to put together an exciting
production!

DRAMA/MUSIC PROGRAM  DAYTIME PERFORMANCES
Just a note to let you know that the 5th grade drama and chorus will be
performing during the day for all classes on Tuesday, December 17th.
Parents are welcome but space is limited in the cafeteria. The schedule for
students to view the program on WEDNESDAY, DEC. 18th is as follows: Pre-K,
K, 1, & 2 will attend at 8:00am and the 3,4, & 5 will attend at 9:15am. The
program lasts approximately and hour. Please keep in mind that the drama
and chorus will be performing on this evening also. See details in the next
column.

HOLIDAY STORE OPENS NEXT WEEK!
The Holiday Store will be open Monday, 12/16 through Friday, 12/20, from
8:00am until 1:00pm. The Holiday Store has a variety of items at reasonable
prices (all items $7.00 and under). This is an excellent opportunity for
students to purchase gifts for their family and friends. More details and a
money order envelope will come home with each student today. If you have
any questions, please do not hesitate to call the office.

SILENT AUCTION/HOLIDAY DINNER DRAMA/MUSIC PROGRAM
The Silent Auction/Holiday Dinner and Drama/Music Program will be held on
Tuesday, December 17th. We will start off at 5:30pm with the holiday
dinner, which will include turkey, ham, potatoes, green beans, rolls,
assorted pies, and sweet tea. The prices will be $6.00 for adults and $4.00
for children. We are still taking donations for the auction. Please drop
your donations off at the front office and register for the drawing. Mrs.
Kilpatrick’s Drama club will be performing from 6:00pm – 7:00pm. All of the
above events will be held in the cafeteria.

LOST AND FOUND
We have many items in the lost and found located in the cafeteria. All lost
and found items need to be picked up before the winter holiday, which
begins December 21st. All items left after this date will be donated
to “COATS FOR KIDS”.

SAC MEETING
The next School Advisory Council meeting will be held on Monday, January
13th at 5:30pm in the Media Center.

2001-2002 ANNUAL SCHOOL REPORT
Our school’s 2001-2002 Annual Report is now on-line at the following
website:  www.leon.k12.fl.us/SPAR   You can also obtain a copy in the front
office.

CHANGE OF ADDRESS OR PHONE #
If your address or phone number has changed recently, please notify the
office as soon as possible, so that we may keep your child’s records up to
date and also have the correct emergency information. All address changes
require a new “PROOF OF RESIDENCY”.  This can be a utility bill, phone
bill, mortgage bill, lease agreement, etc. (as long as it is something that
pertains to the home).

MOVING OVER THE HOLIDAYS?
We do know that during the holidays, families tend to relocate. If you are
planning to move over the holidays, please notify the school at least 2-3
days ahead of time so that the proper paperwork can be processed. If you
have any questions regarding this, please feel free to call the office at
878-8534.

UPCOMING EVENTS:
Please mark your calendar and plan to join us for these upcoming events!
Please note that the items with a P indicate that we will be seeking parent
volunteers to assist us.  If you are able to assist, please contact the
front office by calling 878-8534.

December 16  Holiday Store Begins (12/16-12/20)
P;December 17  Silent Auction, Holiday Dinner, Drama/Music
Program, 5:30pm, Cafeteria

December 20  Spirit Day
December 23  Leon Co. Mobile Health Unit, 1:30pm – 3:30pm,
Chaires East Parking Lot

December 23-January 3 Winder Holiday – NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS, FACULTY &
STAFF

January 6  Teacher Planning Day – NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS
January 7  Students Return from Winter Break
   Skate Night, 6:30pm-8:30pm, Skate World

January 10  Spirit Day
P; January 13  January Faculty/Staff Recognition Breakfast
SAC Meeting, 5:30pm, Media Center

January 15  REPORT CARDS GO HOME
   Student Award Assemblies (8:15am Grades 4&5, 9:00
Grades 2&3, 9:45 Grades k&1)

January 17  Spirit Day
January 20  Martin Luther King Holiday – NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS
AND STAFF

January 21  PTO Meeting, 5:30pm, FAMILY WRITING NIGHT, Media
Center

January 24  Spirit Day
January 28  Leon Co. Mobile Health Unit, 1:30pm – 3:30pm,
Chaires East Parking Lot

January 31  Spirit Day

You are on this list because you subscribed to the ChairesPTO Listserve.
However,if you wish to unsubscribe, please go to
http://listserv.leon.k12.fl.us/scripts/wa.exe?REPORT&z=3 and
unsubscribe yourself. Thank you.