From:
"Christi Moss, Principal" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2006 14:29:49 -0400
You are on this list because you subscribed to the ChairesPTO Listserve.
However,if you wish to unsubscribe, please go to
http://listserv.leon.k12.fl.us/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=chairesptso&A=1 and
unsubscribe yourself. Thank you.

PRINCIPAL’S PAWSE
To recognize all of our wonderful students we will be holding the Honor
Roll Assemblies on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 in the cafeteria.  Parents
are encouraged to join us in honoring these Awesome Panthers!!
Grades 3 & 4  8:00am
Grade   5  8:45am
Grades 1 & 2      9:30am
Our Kindergarten teachers are looking forward to taking a few special
moments out of regular classroom activities to recognize those students who
have exhibited excellent work and study skills, exemplary behavior, or
perfect attendance, for this first 9-week period.  The teachers will
recognize deserving students in class and certificates will be sent home
for their children to share with their parents after school.

FUNDRAISER REMINDER
Last chance to pick up your order from PTO on Monday, October 16, from
7:00am-3:00pm.

Art News
Congratulations to our fabulous Chaires Panther Artists who will be
showcased at the Leroy Collins Public Library.  Our students' artwork will
be displayed for the month of October.  The theme for our show is "My
Family".  Students, 1st through 5th grade studied artwork from the Family
show at the FSUMOFA.  The students then created their own artwork about
their family.  I wish we could have shown every one of our student's work,
but time and space would not allow.  Please join us in celebrating our
wonderful artists on Monday October 16th, from 5:00pm-6:00pm at the Leroy
Collins Public Library.  Hope to see you there.

Picture Day, October 20, 2006
If you wish to purchase pictures, your child needs to hand their envelope,
with money enclosed, to the photographer at the time of the sitting.  Every
child will have their picture taken as we use these photos for the
yearbook.  Please make checks out to Leonard's.

CLEMONS CORNER
Believe it or not, we have just completed the first 9 weeks of this school
year.  I would like to thank each and every one of you for helping make the
first nine weeks a success.  Report cards will be going home on Wednesday,
October 25th.
By this time of the year, students should be very much aware of their
teacher’s expectations and routines.  With our dedicated teachers and staff
and your continuous support, our children should have three more successful
grading periods.  We could not do it without you!

FALL FIELD DAY NEWS
Do you like Green Eggs and Ham?
Come find out at Fall Field Day Thursday, Nov. 9th.
Make your plans now to join your child for Fall Field Day, and if you
volunteer anytime that morning...... PTO will serve you Green Eggs and Ham
for breakfast!!  Be on the look out for the Volunteer Forms coming home...
SOON!

Volunteers Needed
The annual vision, hearing and BMI screening will be held on October 17th
in the Chaires Media Center.  The nurses from Leon County Health Department
and Nursing Services are in need of volunteers to assist with the screening
process.  If you have any time available that day, please contact Penny
Church in the clinic at 878-8534.

Earth Science Week
Friday, October 13th the Gunter Building will be hosting an Earth Science
Week celebration Open House from 10am til 3pm on the FSU campus.  The Open
House will include tours of the building, fossil identification activities,
rocks, minerals and microscopes, models and explanations of Florida
aquifers and a representative from Frog Watch.  If your family would like
to attend, check out
http://www.dep.state.fl.us/geology/aboutthefgs/fgsmap.htm for more
information or you can check out other Earth Science activities at
http://www.earthsciweek.org/. You can contact FSU Parking Services at 644-
5278 concerning parking plans.

Upcoming Events!

Please mark your calendar and plan to join us for these upcoming events!
If you are able to assist, please contact the front office by calling 878-
8534.

   Oct 19  Hat Day, $1.00 for Relay for Life,
Cafeteria
   Oct 20  Picture Day
   Oct 24  3rd Grade Program & 4th Grade
Recorders 8:00am, 9:15am
     5:00 Supper by Backyard Burgers,
6:00 Program
   Oct 25  Report Cards Go Home
     Honor Roll Assemblies
     8:00am- 3rd & 4th Grades
     8:45am- 5th Grade
     9:30am- 1st & 2nd Grades
   Nov 3  Hat Day, $1.00 for Relay for Life,
Cafeteria
   Nov 7  PTO General Meeting, Media Center,
5:00pm
   Nov 9  Fall Field Day
   Nov 10  Veteran's Day- School Closed
   Nov 14  Progress Alerts Go Home
     Skate Night at Skate World, 6:30-
8:30pm
   Nov 16  DARE Graduation, 5th Grade students
   Nov 17  Picture Retake Day
     Hat Day, $1.00 for Relay for Life,
Cafeteria
   Nov 22-24 Thanksgiving Holiday