From:
Christi Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 07:50:15 -0500
PRINCIPAL’S PAWSE
We would like to welcome back Mrs. Olk!  It is so nice to have her back
with us. She will be working part time as she continues to recuperate. We
really missed her smiling face!
Just another two weeks before our winter holiday break!  We have many
events planned and would like to encourage all of our families to join in
the festivities!  If you are able to volunteer to help out with the Silent
Auction or Holiday Shop, please call the front office.
Remember, you can sign up to get email newsletters, PTO minutes, and
reminders by visiting the Chaires web page and joining our list serve!

2001-2002 ANNUAL SCHOOL REPORT
Our school’s 2001-2002 Annual Report is now on-line at the following
website: www.leon.k12.fl.us/SPAR You can also obtain a copy in the front
office.

D.A.R.E. GRADUATION
The 5th grade D.A.R.E. graduation will be held on Friday, December 13th
from 9:00am to 10:00am in the cafeteria. There will be a reception
following the graduation in the classrooms. All parents are welcome to
attend.

SILENT AUCTION/HOLIDAY DINNER/DRAMA/MUSIC PROGRAM
The Silent Auction/Holiday Dinner and Drama/Music Program will be held on
Tuesday, December 17th. We will start off at 5:30pm with the holiday
dinner, which will include turkey, ham, potatoes, green beans, rolls,
assorted pies, and sweet tea. The prices will be $6.00 for adults and $4.00
for children. We are still taking donations for the auction. Please drop
your donations off at the front office and register for the drawing. Mrs.
Kilpatrick’s Drama club will be performing from 6:00pm – 7:00pm. All of the
above events will be held in the cafeteria.

WHEEL CHAIR DONATION
We would like to thank the Whitmyer Biomechanix, Inc. for the wheel chair
that they donated to our clinic. We appreciate it very much.

BOOK SWAP RETURNS!!!
The Media Center will be having a book swap for Pre-K – 2nd grades on
Wednesday, December 11Th and for 3rd – 5th grades on Thursday, December
12th. Permission slips to swap will be coming home; parents must sign. To
participate in the book swap, bring in your signed permission form, and one
gently used book that you’ve read and swap for another! We’ll swap only one
book each this time!

SAC MEETING
The next School Advisory Council meeting will be held on Monday, January
13th at 5:30pm in the Media Center.

CLINIC AWARDS
Mrs. Dietrich’s 4th grade class has won the Safety Award for the month of
November and Mrs. Grigg’s 3rd class won the Empty Cot Award. Mrs. Church
presented the two classes with cupcakes. As usual, any donations of cake
mix and frosting to the clinic would be greatly appreciated!

LOST AND FOUND
We have many items in the lost and found located in the cafeteria. All lost
and found items need to be picked up before the winter holiday, which
begins December 21st. All items left after this date will be donated
to “COATS FOR KIDS”.

NUTCRACKER BALLET
Devin Demirpolat, a 4th grade student in Ms. Peacock’s class, received a
part as a Russian dancer in the Moscow ballet’s Nutcracker. The performance
will be on the evening of December 9th at the Civic Center. CONGRATULATIONS
DEVIN!

PHONE BOOK RECYCLING
We are recycling old phone books here at Chaires in the Guidance hallway.
The Waste Management recycling center will donate $1.00 to the Adult for
Literacy Campaign for each phone book that is recycled.  Please send in any
phone books you would like to recycle by Friday, December 13th.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Please mark your calendar and plan to join us for these upcoming events!
Please note that the items with a P indicate that we will be seeking parent
volunteers to assist us.  If you are able to assist, please contact the
front office by calling 878-8534.
December 10  Bookmobile 4:30pm-7:30pm (only date in December)
   Skate Night, 6:30pm-8:30pm, Skate World
December 13  Spirit Day
   D.A.R.E. Graduation for 5th Grade, 9:00am-10:00am,
Cafeteria
December 16  December Faculty/Staff Recognition/Appreciation
P December 16-20  Holiday Store
P December 17  Silent Auction and Holiday Dinner &
Program, 5:30pm, Cafeteria
    Drama/Music Program, 6:00pm-7:00pm,
Cafeteria
December 23  Leon Co. Mobile Health Unit, 1:30pm – 3:30pm,
Chaires East
 December 23-January 3 Winder Holiday – NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS,
FACULTY & STAFF
January 6  Teacher Planning Day – NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS
 January 7  Students Return from Winter Break
    Skate Night, 6:30pm-8:30pm, Skate World
 January 13  SAC Meeting, 5:30pm, Media Center

You are on this list because you subscribed to the ChairesPTO Listserve.
However,if you wish to unsubscribe, please go to
http://listserv.leon.k12.fl.us/scripts/wa.exe?REPORT&z=3 and
unsubscribe yourself. Thank you.