From:
Christi Moss <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 15:11:53 -0500
Here are some notes of interest.  More information will be coming home from
classroom teachers in the near future.

Read Across America
The reading committee met today and decided that we'll celebrate Dr.
Seuss's birthday on Friday, March 7th! We will have a school wide read-a-
thon with each class scheduling their own  read-a-thon time because of all
the different schedules. Teachers are encouraged to get a parent to bring
in a birthday cake for Dr. Seuss that would provide a treat for the kids.
We would like to pair up classes for reading buddies with the older kids
reading to the younger ones. Christi is going to read aloud a Dr. Seuss
book over ITV for our children too.  Happy reading!!

Science Fair
The Science Fair will be Tuesday, April 22.  Judging will be during the day
and parents will be invited from 5:30 - 6:30 that evening for viewing.
Projects need to be brought in on April 21 and grade levels will be called
at the end of the day to set up their projects in the cafeteria.

A letter will be sent home on March 14th letting parents know about the
upcoming Science Fair.  Packets will go home on March 20th to all 3rd, 4th,
and 5th graders(mandatory participation) and to K, 1, 2 students who
express and interest in response the the above letter sent home.

Every classroom needs to do a project with their class to demonstrate the
scientific method.  These will be displayed in the Media Center for parents
and students to view on the night of the Science Fair.