From:
Christi Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 10:09:14 -0500
PRINCIPAL’S PAWSE
I would like to thank the following parents who provided a marvelous
faculty/staff appreciation breakfast for our October:  Luz Evelo, Kaliey
O'Neal, Sabrina Cole, Gail Smith-Johnson, Melissa Oates, Winter Abboud,
Stacey Stewart, Beth Anderson, Sabrina Cole, Donna Lewis, Molly McInstry.
We couldn't continue to recognize their hard work without YOUR help!  Thank
you.

Mrs. Olk’s Corner
I will be having surgery on Wednesday, November 13th and will be out on
sick leave until after the holidays. While I will not be here “physically”,
I will definitely be here in spirit. I will be keeping in close touch and
will be working from home on things that can be done from there.

PICTURE RETAKE DAY
Tuesday, November 19th is picture retake day. If your child was absent on
the original picture day (10/2), they will need to have their picture taken
for the yearbook whether you purchase a package or not. You are not
obligated to buy a picture package. If you would like your child’s picture
retaken, have them turn in the original package to the photographer. We do
have picture order forms available in the front office if you need one.

PINE CONES
Ms. Koenig has plenty of pinecones for her Science class. She would like to
thank all of you who donated pinecones.

MORLEY FUNDRAISERS
Both fundraisers (candy/gift wrap and cookie dough) will be ready for pick
up on Friday, November 22nd. PTO will send out a flyer soon with more
details. If you have any questions, please call the office.

BOOK FAIR/ PTO BOARD MEETING/FAMILY READING NIGHT & PORTRAITS
We have many items on the agenda for Tuesday evening, November 19th. If
you are able to volunteer during this week, please call the office as soon
as possible. We have our book fair going on this entire week, but on the
evening of the 19th, from 5:00pm – 7:30pm. Parents can come out and view
all the interesting books and other exciting things available for purchase.
This is also family reading night and we will have storytellers reading
stories to students and families in the Art Room (Rm.#501) and the Music
Room (Rm.#502). Our photographers from Leonard’s will be here to take
family portraits for anyone interested. And, finally, PTO will meet with
parent representatives for a short meeting in the cafeteria at 5:30pm. All
parents are welcome to attend PTO Board meetings.

CHAIRES ELEMENTARY COMMUNITY PLAYGROUND BUILD
Saturday, November 9th (tomorrow) we are having a community build for the
new playground equipment on the 3-5 playground. If you can help on this
day, we will begin at 8:00am until finished. DRINKS, SNACKS AND LUNCH WILL
BE PROVIDED. This is a great opportunity to earn Community Service hours!

VETERAN’S DAY
Don’t forget, there is NO SCHOOL this coming Monday, November 11th in
observance of Veteran’s Day.

SILENT AUCTION/HOLIDAY DINNER
The Silent Auction and Holiday Dinner will be held on Tuesday, December
17th beginning at 5:30pm. If you have any donations for the auction, please
bring them by the office as soon as possible. This is just a reminder that
if each student brought in one item, we would have an awesome auction. All
classes getting 50% of their students to bring in one or more items will be
rewarded with an Ice Cream Social!

HUMAN-I-TEES FOR TREES PROGRAM
You should have received a fundraising packet. Human-I-Tees is a reputable
fundraising company that offers only quality products at reasonable prices.
The fundraiser will provide us with the opportunity to raise the money we
need through environmental products that both educate our children and
promote preservation of the earth. Through Hunan-I-Tee’s for Trees program,
each and every item sold will help protect at least 10 square feet of
threatened forest lands. In addition to raising money to benefit our school
and therefore our children, we are also helping our planet!

UPCOMING EVENTS
Please mark your calendar and plan to join us for these upcoming events!
Please note that the items with a P indicate that we will be seeking parent
volunteers to assist us.  If you are able to assist, please contact the
front office by calling 878-8534.
 November 4  SAC Meeting, 5:30pm, Media Center
 November 8  Patriotic Program (Pre-K, K, 1st – 8:00am;
2nd & 3rd – 9:15am; 4th & 5th – 10:30am
Spirit Day
 November 11  Veteran’s Day – School Closed
 November 12  Bookmobile 4:30pm-7:30pm
    Skate Night, 6:30pm-8:30pm, Skate World,
(rescheduled from 11/5)
 November 15  Spirit Day
P November 18  Book Fair Week
    Writes Upon Request – This Week (Grades 2-5)
P November 19  Book Fair Family Reading Night 5:00pm –
7:30pm  Media Center
PTO  Meeting 5:30pm in Cafeteria, & Family Portraits
Picture Retake Day
 November 20  Progress Alerts
 November 22  Spirit Day
 November 25  November Faculty/Staff
Recognition/Appreciation
 November 26  Bookmobile 4:30pm-7:30pm
 November 27-29  Thanksgiving Holiday – NO SCHOOL FOR
STUDENTS AND TEACHERS
December 2  SAC Meeting, 5:30pm, Media Center
December 6  Spirit Day
   Speech Contest (5th Grade)
December 10  Bookmobile 4:30pm-7:30pm
   Skate Night, 6:30pm-8:30pm, Skate World
December 13  Spirit Day
   D.A.R.E. Graduation for 5th Grade

You are on this list because you subscribed to the ChairesPTO Listserve.
However,if you wish to unsubscribe, please go to
http://listserv.leon.k12.fl.us/scripts/wa.exe?REPORT&z=3 and
unsubscribe yourself. Thank you.