From:
Christi Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 12:19:11 -0500
Attention All Teachers & Class Parents
Next PTO Meeting February 17, 2003 - Media Center 5:30 PM

Welcome back to the 2003 school year.  The Executive Board met Friday,
January 31st, 2003 and attempted to address the upcoming needs.  It is very
important that all the Teachers and Class Parents try to attend this next
PTO meeting on February 17th.  It will be the most informative and
important of this school year.

Brief summary of Executive Board Meeting January 31, 2003:

Update on financial status/PTO.   The District School Board has revised
requirements for PTOs, their financial accounting methods and
organizational structure.  Upon investigation of our compliance with these
requirements, we learned that the Chaires PTO 501 (c) (3) corporation (non-
profit) status has lapsed and the corporation dissolved.  We will be filing
the papers necessary for reinstatement.  Gary T (school accountant) and
Nina S have worked very hard to clarify our status.  Once the corporate
status is reinstated we will be in good standing with the District School
Board requirements.   Additionally, we will modify the Chaires PTO By-Laws
to incorporate many practices already in place (see below).

Discussed suggestions by the Executive Board:
Ø Add the verbiage that all checks must be counter signed by the
principal or designee to the By Laws.
Ø Provide a monthly financial statement to the Executive Board or
Principal monthly.
Ø Spend current funds so they are not reabsorbed.
Ø Consider an Executive Board Meeting quarterly – minimum.
Ø Placing all current PTO documents in storage with the Principal at
the end of each school year.

Fund Raising Summary for 2002 School years (some are still estimates).
Ø Silent Auction – $ 1800.00  Walmart donation - $ 1000.00
Ø Santa Shop - $ 1000.00 – 1400.00 Humanities - $ 1900.00
Ø Cookie Dough sales - $ 3500.00 Gift Wrap Sales - $ 13,000.00

Discussion of Expenditure Needs:
Ø Consider raising the annual reimbursement amount for teachers.
Ø Increasing funds for Teacher CEUs with a policy and procedure
written to direct expenditures.
Ø Purchases approved in order of priority:
Sound system for the cafeteria – approx. $ 5,000.00
Rolling Cutter for Ellison machine – approx. $ 800.00
School Sign for front of school – approx. $ 7,000.00
Cafeteria Renovation – paint, etc. – bid in progress.
Mural for cafeteria wall (back wall) – bid in progress.
Support materials and company support to build pre-K playground.  – bid in
progress.
  (To include covers for kindergarten sand box.)

Planning for the Spring Festival February 17, 2003:
 The next meeting on February 17th, 2003 in the Media center will
discuss the previously mentioned items and will, then, focus on planning
for a wonderful Spring Festival.  Each class really needs to have at least
one (better with two) representatives attending this meeting so they can
start getting their (each class has a booth) booths ready.  If you can not
attend , please e-mail Jaqui at [log in to unmask]

Please try to attend February 17th
We really need maximum parent and teacher participation

You are on this list because you subscribed to the ChairesPTO Listserve.
However,if you wish to unsubscribe, please go to
http://listserv.leon.k12.fl.us/scripts/wa.exe?REPORT&z=3 and
unsubscribe yourself. Thank you.