From:
Christi Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 08:04:38 -0500
PRINCIPAL’S PAWSE
Once again, I'm asking for your help.  We are having an extremely large
volume of students arriving at school AFTER the tardy bell which rings at
7:30.  If you drive your child to school, you are required to sign your
child in at the front office if they arrive after 7:30.  Please be sure to
come in with your child and sign them in.  Teachers will not admit children
into class after the tardy bell unless they have been to the office.
Remember, we have supervision available starting at 7:00 am!
You may have noticed that we are now locking the gates in the evenings and
on the weekends. This is being done at the request of the Leon County
Sheriff's Department. Our goal is to restrict access to vehicles on campus
after hours, and hopefully cut down on the vandalism. The school
playgrounds are accessible through the gate located closest to Chaires East
(also known as Little Chaires or "the old school").  You are welcome to
come onto campus with your children and use either playground on the
weekends.
Our lost and found items runneth over! If your child has misplaced a
jacket, coat, or lunchbox please stop by the cafeteria to check out our
lost and found.  Any items remaining in lost and found after December 6th
will be donated to "Coats for Kids" so that underprivileged children in our
community won't be cold this winter.
Lastly, we are in need of a couple of items for our clinic. We would
greatly appreciate donations of a diaper genie and a wheel chair. Also,
extra clothes in smaller sizes (sweatpants, sweatshirts, etc.)

THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY
The Thanksgiving Holiday is approaching fast. There will be NO SCHOOL on
November 27th, 28th and 29th (Wed., Thurs. & Fri). We hope that you enjoy
this time with your family and friends.

FLU SHOTS
The Leon Co. Mobile Health Unit is here at the Chaires East parking lot on
the 4th Tuesday of each month. The next scheduled stop is next Tuesday, the
26th. They are now offering flu shots to adults and children for $12.00. If
your child has a medical need for a flu shot, there will be NO CHARGE.
Please note: Because of the holiday in December they will come on December
23rd.

SILENT AUCTION/HOLIDAY DINNER
The Silent Auction/Holiday Dinner has been changed to Tuesday, December
17th. Please send in your donations as soon as possible.

2001-2002 ANNUAL SCHOOL REPORT
Our school’s 2001-2002 Annual Report is now on-line at the following
website: www.leon.k12.fl.us/SPAR   You can also obtain a copy in the front
office.

KIDS VOTING
A BIG thanks to all the kids who voted and the parents and faculty who
staffed the Kids Voting booth on November 5th. We “adopted” the Chaires
Community Center this year and had an excellent student turnout. Over 150
students from various schools participated. Many of the volunteers who
helped, pulled 2-hour shifts! Please take a moment to pat these folks on
the back: Pam Donaldson, Dorothy Hill-Wiggins, Julie Sander, Julie Ducasse,
Jerry McKinstry, Jaqui Griffith, Fran Lewis, and Christi Lewis.

PLAYGROUND BUILD
We would like to once again, thank all the volunteers who helped build our
new 3-5 playground. Also, we want to recognize the two gentlemen that
were “in charge” that handled the planning and organizing of the whole
project:  T. J. DEVLIEGER and RICHARD NOAKES.

HARVEST FOOD BANK CAN DRIVE
The Guidance Department has started the second Harvest Food Bank Can Drive.
We will be collecting canned food in all classrooms from November 18th
through the week of December 2nd. We appreciate if your student could bring
in can food to support this school community project.

SOCCER REGISTRATION
Soccer registration will take place from 6:00pm-8:00pm on December 6th and
from 9:00am-noon on Saturday, December 7th at the Chaires Community Park.
For more information you can access the website at:
http://www.co.leon.fl.us/parks/cc/duhfawlt.htm

UPCOMING EVENTS
Please mark your calendar and plan to join us for these upcoming events!
Please note that the items with a P indicate that we will be seeking parent
volunteers to assist us.  If you are able to assist, please contact the
front office by calling 878-8534.

 November 25  November Faculty/Staff
Recognition/Appreciation
 November 26  Bookmobile 4:30pm-7:30pm
    Leon Co. Mobile Health Unit, 1:30pm –
3:30pm, Chaires East
 November 27-29  Thanksgiving Holiday – NO SCHOOL FOR
STUDENTS AND TEACHERS
December 2  SAC Meeting, 5:30pm, Media Center
December 6  Spirit Day
   Speech Contest (5th Grade)
December 10  Bookmobile 4:30pm-7:30pm
   Skate Night, 6:30pm-8:30pm, Skate World
December 13  Spirit Day
   D.A.R.E. Graduation for 5th Grade
December 16  December Faculty/Staff Recognition/Appreciation
P December 16-20  Holiday Store
P December 17  Silent Auction and Holiday Dinner &
Program, 5:30pm, Cafeteria
 December 23  Leon Co. Mobile Health Unit, 1:30pm –
3:30pm, Chaires East
 December 23-January 3 Winder Holiday – NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS,
FACULTY & STAFF
January 6  Teacher Planning Day – NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS
 January 7  Students Return from Winter Break

You are on this list because you subscribed to the ChairesPTO Listserve.
However,if you wish to unsubscribe, please go to
http://listserv.leon.k12.fl.us/scripts/wa.exe?REPORT&z=3 and
unsubscribe yourself. Thank you.