From:
Christi Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 1 Nov 2002 13:28:59 -0500
Chaires Elementary School
Attention Class Room Parents
PTO Meeting 10/15/2002

Minutes

Ø Introduction

Ø PTO Business
o Field Day Needs – update.
Teachers can obtain receipts from parents (for dye) and the cost will be
reimbursed for reasonably priced dyes, i.e.: Rit Dye.
This went off well.  We ask that all parents who were volunteers and might
have suggestions for improvements please jot them down for the next
meeting.

o Updated Budget Needs, etc.
1. Sign for front of school – Richard Noakes may be able to help find the
best
price.  LCD not reasonable (too expensive).
2.  FCAT Saturdays – money for refreshments.
3.  Science Textbooks – Amount to be determined.
4.  Oriental Volunteer – money for lunches.
5.  Appreciation materials – Dog Tags for students with achievements.
6.  Speakers or updated system in the cafeteria for performances.

o Family Movie Night  - Good turn out.  We will need to push general
attendance next time.  Concessions went really well.

o Gift Wrap Sales – The date for distribution will be announced in
the newsletter.

o Volunteers needed - Any persons wanting to help put together the
new 3-5 playground is greatly needed Saturday, November 9th, 2002.  Hours
will be posted in the newsletter.

o Cookie Dough sales – update.  Those attending Movie Night had an
opportunity to taste – yummy!  Remember, there is one chance to pick these
up on November 22 (tentative) since they are frozen.  We do need volunteers
for this date.  The days and the hours will be posted on the guidance hall
wall.

o Silent Auction – date changed to 12/17/02 (Tuesday – tentative)

o Kids Voting – the PTO will adopt a precinct this year to help with
the Kids Voting initiative at the Chaires Community Center on November 5th.

Ø Roll of the Classroom Parent (see attached)
o Volunteering
o PTO Liaison – Class Parents are voting members of the PTO board
o Brainstorming and Discussion

Ø Next meeting November 19th.

You are on this list because you subscribed to the ChairesPTO Listserve.
However,if you wish to unsubscribe, please go to
http://listserv.leon.k12.fl.us/scripts/wa.exe?REPORT&z=3 and
unsubscribe yourself. Thank you.