From:
Christi Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 16:26:44 -0400
The information in this newsletter is the same as the lilac colored
newsletter that came home with your students on Friday, Sept. 6th.  Just in
case it didn't make it into your hands, here's the highlights:

PRINCIPAL’S PAWSE
Open House is just around the corner!  Please plan to come visit on
September 23rd at 6:00 p.m. to meet your child’s teacher and see the
wonderful work the children have been working on to this point.  We will
begin the evening with brief introductions in the cafeteria.
I would like to take this opportunity to welcome Mrs. Sandy Beck to the
faculty at Chaires.  Mrs. Beck will be teaching our gifted program on
Tuesday of each week.  I hope you will all get a chance to welcome her to
the Chaires family!
I would like to thank Publix and Dr. Greg Williams who sponsored our August
faculty and staff recognition by supplying us with a wonderful breakfast
last Friday!  Congratulations to Jackie Bist, Teacher of the Month and
Linda Melvin, Employee of the Month.  We are lucky to have such fine
faculty and staff members.

Mrs. Olk’s Corner
Please plan to attend one of our grade level parent meetings that will be
coming up the next two weeks. We will discuss curriculum, testing,
discipline and parental involvement. The meetings will be held in the
cafeteria. Monday 9/9 – Kindergarten at 6pm and 2nd grade at 7pm, Tuesday
9/10 - 1st grade at 6pm and 4th grade at 7pm, and Tuesday 9/17 – 5th grade
at 6pm and 3rd grade at 7pm.

PATRIOTIC CHAIRES T-SHIRTS
Chaires PTO will be selling patriotic T-shirts on Monday, 9/9 and Tuesday,
9/10 at reduced rate (Adult size $8, and Student size $6). Wear yours with
pride on Wednesday, 9/11!

ATTENDANCE
Parents, please note that if your child is absent because he/she is out of
town, this is an unexcused absence unless it has been pre-approved by the
principal. The principal will only approve out of town absences that are
for legitimate educational purposes. Also, if your child arrives at school
after the second bell has rung, (7:30am) please accompany them to the front
office to sign in and receive a tardy slip. Any students arriving at the
classroom without a tardy slip will be sent to the office to sign in. We
appreciate your cooperation in this matter.

STUDENT COUNCIL
The Student Council met for the first time this year on Tuesday, 8/27. They
had a terrific lunch meeting and will be holding these meetings every two
weeks to get their community projects organized for the year. Our new
guidance intern, Jennifer Ringel, will be sharing the student council
advisor position with Kathy Kerrigan, Guidance Counselor. Jennifer will be
with us the entire school year!
The third, fourth and fifth grade classes will select two students to
represent their class at the student council meetings. The students must
maintain good citizenship, have no referrals, and maintain an A, B, or C
grade average. We’re looking forward to a very productive year!

UPCOMING EVENTS!
Please mark your calendar and plan to join us for these upcoming events!
Please note that the items with a P indicate that we will be seeking parent
volunteers to assist us.  If you are able to assist, please contact the
front office by calling 878-8534.
September 9  6pm – Kindergarten Parent Meeting
   7pm – 2nd grade Parent Meeting
September 10  6pm – 1st grade Parent Meeting
   7pm – 4th grade Parent Meeting
September 11  Patriotic Day, Wear Red, White and Blue
September 12  2:15pm SITE Meeting
P  September 13         Fundraiser Due Date
   Spirit Day
September 16  5:30pm School Advisory Council Meeting, Media Ctr.
September 17  5:30pm PTO Meeting
   6pm – 5th grade Parent Meeting
   7pm- 3rd grade Parent Meeting
   Bookmobile 4:30pm-7:30pm
September 18  Progress Alerts go home
September 20  Spirit Day
P  September 23         Open House (6:00pm)
September 24  Leon Co. Mobile Health Unit at Chaires Comm.
                            Park  1:30pm-3:30pm
September 27  Spirit Day
September 30  September Faculty/Staff Recognition/Appreciation
October 1  September Golden Spoon Awards/Lunchroom Behavior
                        Skate Night 6:30pm-8:30pm
   Bookmobile 4:30pm-7:30pm
P October 2 Fall Photographs
October 3  DAC, Howell Ctr. 7pm
October 4  Spirit Day
                        6pm Dinner
   6:30pm Family Movie Night
October 7  SAC Meeting, 5:30pm Media Ctr.
October 11  Spirit Day
October 14  American Red Cross Fire House (grades K-3)
October 15  American Red Cross Fire House (grades K-3)
5:30pm  PTO Meeting & FAMILY SAFETY NIGHT
    Bookmobile 4:30pm-7:30pm
P  October 16  Health Screenings
P  October 17  Field Day
   End of first nine-week grading period
October 18  Teacher Inservice Day – NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS
October 22         Leon Co. Mobile Health Unit at Chaires Comm.
                              Park 1:30pm-3:30pm
 October 29 Bookmobile 4:30pm-7:30pm
 October 30 Report Cards go home

You are on this list because you subscribed to the ChairesPTO Listserve.
However,if you wish to unsubscribe, please go to
http://listserv.leon.k12.fl.us/scripts/wa.exe?REPORT&z=3 and
unsubscribe yourself. Thank you.