ASTORIAPARK-PARENTS Archives

Astoria Park School Listserv

ASTORIAPARK-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Amundson, Sherri" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 8 Sep 2014 13:30:28 +0000

Welcome to the Astoria Park Parents List Serve

School hours: 8:30 - 2:50

A few dates to note:

Monday, September 8: Open House from 5:30 – 7:30 - We hope to see you tonight.

Tuesday, September 9: SAC/PTO meeting beginning at 5:30 in the Media Center.

Wednesday, September 24: Progress Alerts go home

Thursday, September 25: superintendent Jackie Pons will host a Community Conversation at Woodville Elementary School at 6 p.m.  Dinner served.  Please see the separate email concerning this even.

Friday, October 3: Fall holiday, no school

Monday – Friday, October 6 – 10: Book Fair

Tuesday, October 7: book fair Family Night 4 – 7 p.m.

Friday, October 20: teacher planning day, no school for students

Wednesday, October 29: Report Cards go home

Tuesday, November 11: Veterans Day holiday, no school

Wednesday, November 19: Progress Alerts go home

Thursday, November 20: Chili Cookoff

Wednesday – Friday, November 26, 27 & 28: Thanksgiving holidays, no school

Wednesday – Friday, December 17, 18 & 19: Early release days

Friday, December 19: Last day of school before the winter holidays

Monday, January 5: Teacher planning day, no school for students

Tuesday, January 6: Students return to school

Wednesday, January 14: Report Cards go home

Monday, January 19: Martin Luther King holiday, no school

We love and adore our volunteers at Astoria Park Elementary School!  It is with great pleasure to announce that The Leon County Schools has a new Online Volunteer Application! It is imperative that you complete your 2014/2015 volunteer application online if you desire to continue ☺ or start anew as a volunteer (chaperone for field trips/homeroom Mom/Dad, etc) for Astoria Park Elementary School. Please remember that each year; you must complete an application to continue/start as a volunteer.  Your application from the previous school year is no longer valid.

The online application is easily accessible via the following web link:

https://volunteers.leonschools.net

Any questions, comments, or concerns? If so, please email Astoria Park Elementary School’s Volunteer Coordinator, Covey Paige, at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

We look forward to working with you to make this a memorable year for Astoria Park Elementary School!

Thank you!

Our yearbooks from the 2013 – 2014 school year have not arrived yet.  PTO will let us know as soon as the order is ready.  We are so sorry for the delay.

 There are several websites that our Leon County School Board pays for so that your child may have access.

go.grolier.com      If a password is needed: Log in: leonco     Password: leonco.

Brain Pop              Log in: astoriapark        Password is:  cougars

Other sites are listed on our school web page.

 Attachments to open:

1)

PTO Information:

Boxtops: Please collect boxtops and send them in to help us raise money.

T-Shirts: School t-shirts are available in the front office: $ 12 .00