APALACHEE-PARENTS Archives

Apalachee Elementary School Parents

APALACHEE-PARENTS@LISTSERV.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
Janice Mazza <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 9 Oct 2008 19:42:59 -0400
WOW...........time is flying!  We are almost thru our first nine weeks. We had a
successful cookie dough fundraiser. The fundraiser took in $3753.50 which will help
purchase school equipment to help our children's education. Our top sellers for each
grade levels are as follow:
Pre-K : Omari Johnson ( Mrs. McGough )
Kindergarden: Dandre Daniels ( Mrs.Williams )
1st: Kyle Collins ( Mrs.Maus)
2nd: Jaleel Howard (  Mrs. Greenfield )
3rd : Tatiana Quevedo ( Mrs. Swanson)
4th : Terell Reaves ( Mrs.Lerner)
5th : Chelsea Jackson ( Mrs. Gass )

        All these children will be awarded a pizza lunch on the patio at a future date.
Again I would like to thank everyone whom assisted, purchased and help distribute
this successful fundraiser.

        We are in full swing of our second fundraiser of the year. The Cherrydale
fundraiser should have been brought home already and has a wide selection of
seasonal items. Please take a look at the booklet. The children have seen a taped
presentation of all the great gifts available. You can ask friends and family tp order
online at www.cherrydale.com using our school code of 156559. Please e-mail all
your friends and family.

        With report cards soon coming out, just a reminder the following are children's
rewards from area business for A's on reports. Krispy Kreme will give each child with
an (A) a free doughnut (limit 3) and Capital Lanes has teamed up to provide a free
game of bowling (up to 6). A free game is also available for perfect attendance.

        School-Parent compacts are due back to the school by October 16th. Please fill
the form out and tutn in. The goal is to earn 95 points before April 24th, 2009.

        If you have a Target credit card or store credit card, please add Apalachee to
your school donation list. We received a check for over $200 just from everyday uses
with you target card. I would also like to thank Target  for donating over $1000 in
new books to our media center for our childrens reading enjoyment.

                                            Mark your calendars

        Cherry-dale fundraiser turned in on Oct. 13th for a delivery before the holidays.
Late orders will be allowed but will be delayed. Just a reminder all checks  MUST
have name, address, phone number and driver's license number on them. Checks
turned in without information requested will not be accepted and that persons order
will not be placed.

      Change in date....(due to teachers planning day on Oct 14th ) ....Parents night out
has been moved to Oct 20th from 6:30 till 10:00pm. For only $10.00 per child which
includes dinner, popcorn and a movie. A flyer will be sent home next Monday and
you must RSVP. More information will be available on the flyer. If you are available
to assist that night please e-mail your PTO at [log in to unmask]

        Oct. 18th - The wonderful drama department will have their first performance at
the Greek Festival. More information will be sent home.

        Nov. 20th-  The wonderful Guitar players will be performing at Chic-fil-a on
Apalachee Parkway. This will also be Apalachee Spirit night. Come out and support
your school and eat a good meal.

        The 3rd Tuesday of every month is skate night at Skate World. The class that
has the most students between now and end of January will have a special day in
there class. We will have another contest for Febuary till the end of the school year.

         Michael Fleischaker, PTO President