From:
"DuPont, Mariann" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 28 May 2009 15:10:19 -0400
Would your child like to join Montford Middle School's Football Team?

Parent/Player Checklist
This checklist must be completed before your child can participate on
the
Montford Middle School Football Team.
_____ Leon County School Activity Participation Form on File with the
Front Office
_____ Physical on file with the Front Office (Physical's are good for 1
year)
_____ Completed Montford Football Team Information Form (Complete Online
Survey)
_____ If you make the team-$25 for T-shirt and Banquet (Checks made out
to Montford Middle School)
Checklist must be completed before you can tryout for the team!
All Forms can be found on the football website at:
http://www2.middleschoolcc.leon.k12.fl.us/football/default.aspx

MONTFORD FOOTBALL TEAM PARENT LETTER
Parents and Players,
I am very excited about Montford Middle School's second season! We have
a unique
opportunity to establish a lasting tradition at our great school and I'm
looking forward to
working with each and every one of you along the journey!!!
Throughout my athletic career, I have always believed that working hard
produces results. I
have found this to be true in my professional life, relationships, and
absolutely in athletics! For
us to be successful, we must all be committed to working hard in every
area of our new
program.
Working hard toward common goals develops teamwork and perseverance
through adversity
produces character!
Our football team begins this season as the most experienced team in
Leon County. This is a
totally different situation than we were faced with last year! Every
game we lost was lost in the
first half of the game and we always held our own or won the second
half. That tells me we
were scared and beat before walked on the field. As the game progressed,
and we were still
alive and unbroken, most of us, we realized we could play with these
guys and we did this as
sixth and seventh graders! I'm proud of last year's team for taking on a
David and Goliath like
challenge!
This year...there are no excuses, there are no advantages! The coaching
staff and I will be
looking for young men to STEP into leadership roles! The young leaders
are the heart and soul
of this team and this program, with your love for the game and
enthusiasm to take on a
challenge we will succeed in winning our first championship! I can't
wait to see how you
embrace the challenge!!!
S elfless - Looking to help your teammates!
T enacious - Keeps the team together!
E nergetic - Operating with force and vigor!
P rowess - Strengh, courage, daring especially in battle!
Along our journey to a successful season at Montford Middle, we are sure
to have our fill of ups
and downs, but as we work together to build a great family of coaches,
parents, athletes, and
supporters we will be VICTORIOUS in developing a tradition of working
hard, teamwork,
character, and championships!
It's time to STEP to the challenge...Are you ready?
Welcome to CC Football and good luck at try-outs!
Coach Swope
May