LINCOLN-CHORUS Archives

Lincoln Chorus

LINCOLN-CHORUS@LISTSERV.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Mr. Leaman" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mr. Leaman
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2011 08:30:22 -0500
There is a lot of important news, please take a moment to read this message
so you know what is going on in the Lincoln Choral Department.

MUSIC PERFORMANCE ASSESSMENT

Our MPA performances will be this Thursday and Friday at Chiles High
School.  The schedule is as follows:

Thursday, February 24.
MPA for Freshman Girls (6th period), Men's Chorale (4th period) and Women's
Chorale (1st period).  All of these students will be excused from 5-7
periods, please make sure that even though I will send out a list to
teachers, you follow up and see what you will be missing.  After lunch you
will come to the chorus room and change into your chorus dress or tux.  We
will travel by school bus to Chiles HS at 12:45.  If you drive to school
you may drive over to Chiles and meet us in the auditorium.  The
performance block runs from 2:00-5:20 and all students are required to be
in the auditorium for the entire duration of the block.  Assuming the
performances stay on schedule (out of my control) the performance times for
each choir are:
Freshman Girls - 2:00
Men's Chorale - 3:20
Women's Chorale - 4:20
We will be providing transportation TO Chiles HS but you will be
responsible for transportation FROM Chiles after the event is over.

Friday, February, 25
MPA for Continental Singers (5th period) and Encore (3rd period).  The
drill is the same as Thursday except that we will not have a bus since so
many students already drive to school. Continental Singers will perform at
2:20 and Encore will perform at 3:40.  This performance block will run
until 4:40.

JAZZ FEST
We need to cut off Jazz Fest sign up within the next week so we can start
purchasing tickets, hotel rooms, etc.  If you are planning on joining us
but have not sent in any money, please send something in by next Tuesday,
March 1.  You do not need to send in the entire amount at once as long as
it is paid off before April 25.  E-mail me if you have any questions.

CHORUS BONFIRE(S)
The Mason Family has graciously invited all chorus students to their house
this weekend for a chorus bonfire.  In order to manage the number of
students there at one time they have asked for Junior and Senior chorus
members to come Saturday evening from 6:30-10 and Freshman and Sophomore
students to come Sunday evening from 6-9.  If you are unable to attend on
the assigned evening feel free to come the other night, we just wanted to
make sure there were not 200 students at the Mason house at one time.  This
is going to be a fun time where we can relax and celebrate our MPA success,
I hope you will all come out and join us.

We are right in the middle of our busy time of the year, if you have any
questions about anything chorus related please let me know.

Have a wonderful week.

-Mr. Leaman