CMS-PARENTS Archives

Cobb Middle School Parents

CMS-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Mrs. Bell" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 28 Apr 2011 09:46:00 -0400
For parents of kids in DC:

Day 1 is in the books. After a long bus ride on Tuesday we hit the streets
of DC early Wednesday morning. We started the day outside the White House
and then headed to Ford's Theatre and the Library of Congress and the US
Capitol all before lunch.

After lunch we went to Mt. Vernon, which was my favorite. It was amazing
and absolutely wonderful. We then headed back in the city and stopped at
the Lincoln Memorial where we saw the group from Swift Creek Middle School.
Then after dinner we headed to the Museum of Crime and Punishment.

We were back at the hotel and ready for bed at 10 pm.

For today we are starting at the Washington Monument and then will head to
the American History Museum before lunch.

So far we have avoided the rain and we are having a great time!

Mrs. Bell