SAIL-PARENTS Archives

SAIL High School Parents

SAIL-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
"Wood, Rosanne" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Wood, Rosanne
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 2004 14:33:17 -0500
SAIL deck
November 23, 2004
10: 40 a.m.

We would like to invite you to our memorial/safety program at SAIL next Tuesday. This program is a memorial to SAIL students Derek Biggs, Jessica Thaell, Matt Strubble and others who have died in traffic accidents and is a part of our "Driving Safety Program".  All students will be given student designed buttons to wear as a reminder of "buckling up".  A presentation will be given on the seriousness of safe driving.

Guest speakers will include Paul Burris, from Partners in Highway Safety, Pat Seery, DUI Instructor, Sam Johnson, accident survivor and Janna Miller, accident survivor.

There will be a presentation of a memorial plaque to the parents of Derek Biggs and his sister Ali Biggs, Cliff and Georjean Thaell, and Kathy and Matt Strubble, followed by the unveiling of a seatbelt sculpture by Taylor Biro.  There will be a musical tribute to Derek by Chris Smith.

We hope you can come.

Rosanne Wood, Principal
SAIL High School
725 N. Macomb St.