COES-PARENTS Archives

Canopy Oaks Parents

COES-PARENTS@LISTSERV12.LEON.K12.FL.US

From:
Brenda Fraser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 2003 10:08:44 -0500
12/8 - 12
COE Book Fair

Thursday, 12/11
Tropicana Speech Contest @ 8:30 am for  5th & 6th grades

Friday, 12/12
Food Drive ends
Spirit Day - Wear school colors & show your school pride!

Saturday, 12/13
6th grade to perform at Publix

Upcoming Events
12/17    Elementary Early Release Day (11:40 am)
12/18    Elementary Early Release Day (11:40 am)
12/19    Spirit Day - Wear school colors & show your school pride!
12/19    Spelling Bee (4th, 5th, 6th grades)
12/19    Elementary Early Release Day (11:40 am)
12/19    End of 2nd Nine weeks
12/22-31    Winter Holidays
1/1    New Years Day Holiday (Students Out/School closed)
1/2    Winter Holidays (Students Out/School closed)
1/5    Teacher Planning/Inservice Day (Students Out)
1/6    Students Return

REMINDERS
Parking Lot
This is a reminder that when dropping off and picking up children in the parking lot, you
should be parking in a parking spot.  When you pull up and stop in the roadway, it blocks
cars (pulling in and backing out), backs up traffic, is not safe for children or adults walking
through to the sidewalks and could cause an accident.

Point View Drive Crosswalk
When children walk across Point View Drive they need to cross where the crossing guard is
located.  The crossing guard can help them cross and ensure their safety.

Drive Thru in Front of School
Remember when dropping off or picking up a student in the drive thru, please do not park
and leave your vehicle.  This causes a traffic backup and is not safe for other drivers or
pedestrians.  If you need to talk to a teacher or get out of your vehicle for any reason, you
should park in the parking lot.

Please follow the simple guidelines so we can set a good example for our students.

Early Release Days
Remember that next Wednesday, December 17th, Thursday, December 18th, and Friday,
December 19th are early release days.  Students will get out of school at 11:40 am on these
days.  Please make sure your child is picked up on time if your child goes out front to car pick
up.

Yearbooks! Yearbooks! Yearbooks!
There is still time to order a yearbook! The cost is $12.00. Please make sure your child/
children's name is on the envelope and check for accurate bookkeeping.   If you have taken
pictures of any events that have taken place at Canopy Oaks this school year or the end of
last school year, we would love to put them in the yearbook.  We send the yearbook off to
be put together in February, so all events that take place after February do not make it in
yearbook.   The more pictures we have the better the yearbook is!!!! If you have any questions
please contact Debbie Clark at 562-8535.